cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Time_Out dumps on Solution Manager server caused by process run by user SM_EFWK

former_member237500
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

So I have an issue,that's currently not occurring, where I can 't pinpoint the source issue.

On September 22 & 23 2016 a lot of time out dumps occurred on a server that runs a solution manager.

Since the 23th this has nor reoccurred.

Now I had some time to look at it,I had some help from one of our seniors, but they weren't able to find it either.

The image below shows one of the dumps, with the sensitive data blanked.

I've tracked down the dump and found out user SM_EFWK causes it, but I'm no closer to knowing why it happened.

Anyone got a clue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As you mey know, TIME_OUT error appears when a WP has taken its its maximum run time (parameter 'rdisp/max_wprun_time' limits the maximum runtime of a process step within a dialog process). This ensures that DIA processes are not blocked by long running programs.

You need to check on the dump which was the involved program, and, this, invovled application getting this dump.

Also check what was being executed, and it this dump was caused by a program with long runtimes which may hinder online operation.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check SM21 logs during the time of issue and take a look at dev_disp file.

Regards

Prithviraj