cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: file adapter FTP proxy types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone has experience of using the FTP proxy with file adapter receiver and also sender.

Specifically the proxy types of USER@HOST , USER@HOST:PORT, etc

For the keywords what is actually being passed and from where i.e. I assume the HOST and PORT are the ones entered in the FTP Proxy fields...not the final target FTP site.

But the USER?

I assume it should be the FTP administrator who would be able to feedback on what type of proxy they have set up right?

I'm getting the error on my receiver of "Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Unexpected reply codeControl connection prematurely closed by server" and everything seems to point to how PI has the FTP proxy fields configured.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

According with SAP documentation you can do it (Configuring the Sender FTP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library😞

• You can choose Other to specify user defined FTP proxy type other than the standard command patterns namely; USER@HOST and USER@HOST:PORT.
  • The user defined FTP proxy type should only have combination of keywords namely; USER, HOST and PORT (Optional).

Note  You use this option only when the Connection Security type is None. 

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I have access to all of that. My questions was around where the values for keywords USER , HOST and PORT come from.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

AFAIK in FTP you can do, You need configure SFTP for this.