SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/POSDW/REFRESH_INDEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other night this program was canceled due to a long run time. Since then POSDM is not displaying all the transactions for certain days, and when we run a "re-post" process (Re-process TLOG and catches anything missed from Trickle Polling),check for duplicates, the system creates short dumps.

Can anyone tell me what does this program actually does and does it need to be run for all 44 million records we have in the TLOGs table? Also, Could the cancellation of this program be causing some of the issues noted above?

5 REPLIES 5

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the short dump logs?

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Well that doesn't help. It just says duplicate key and ignoring record.

Did you run in dialog? If yes can you debug to get transaction number?

Are you using Inbound queue or allowing proxy to post directly?

May I know why you run the program everyday. It recreates indexes and refresh the tlogs to adjust indexes.

Can you try to run it for one store and for first day where you don't see all records.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Vikrant-

We are hesitant to manually re-run this program until we get a better understanding what this program is actually doing.

I know it refreshes the indexes, but is the index that is stored in the TLOG table used to display transactions in the POS-DM Transaction monitor? Is the cancellation the reason we are getting short dumps when we previously did not?

Also, we are currently refreshing the indexes for all 44 million records in that table. Is that needed? can we narrow that down without breaking anything?

If we re-run this program for a specific store and date, will that correct our Transaction monitor display issue?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I know it refreshes the indexes, but is the index that is stored in the TLOG table used to display transactions in the POS-DM Transaction monitor?

Yes. Most of the operations are index dependant which act as a primary key.

Is the cancellation the reason we are getting short dumps when we previously did not?

You need to analyse better why it is cancelled. From your screen shot earlier it looks issue with insertion of data in TLOGS table. You may check      what is the highest index you have in /posdw/navix for a storeand date combination table against index in TLOGS.

Also, we are currently refreshing the indexes for all 44 million records in that table. Is that needed? can we narrow that down without breaking anything?

If we re-run this program for a specific store and date, will that correct our Transaction monitor display issue?

It is not necessary to run for all records but for store with problem and specific day only. I would recommend to exclude specific store and date from      processing until you analyse root cause for it which will allow other data to go ahead.

Thanks,

Vikrant.