cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Excel Unresponsive tab error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am logging into SAP IBP trough the Excel Add in and I am finding an error. The thing is despite I apparently I am able to connect to the planning area the Excel tab appears as unresponsive.

When I check the log I see this message:

FILE_TYPE:DAAA96DE-B0FB-4c6e-AF7B-A445F5BF9BE2

RECORD_SEPARATOR:35

COLUMN_SEPARATOR:124

COLUMNS:Time|Severity|Category|Method|User|DSRRootContextID|DSRTransactionID|DSRConnectionID|DSRCounter|Thread|Text

SEVERITY_MAP:DEBUG|Debug|INFO|Information|VERBOSE|Verbose|WARNING|Warning|ERROR|Error|FATAL|Fatal

HEADER_END

2016-09-28 14:46:21,788|ERROR|UILayer|?.?||||||1|SOPRibbonExtension.DLL time stamp: 13-09-16 14:57:36#

2016-09-28 14:46:21,818|ERROR|UILayer|?.?||||||1|SOPRibbonExtension.DLL version: 6.3.4.0#

I have already uninstalled and installed the add-in again and upgraded to the latest version in the end.
This happens for all the users and planning areas.

Any help will be highly appreciated,

Josep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ok, one last trial before opening OSS:

when you uninstall excel, not all data are deleted. So maybe something that is in your files is messed up. Uninstall once more, delete the files and install again.

If that does not help I would open OSS, as it cannot be some inconsistency between the releases and it is something with your computer only.

The files to be deleted can usually be found in this folder:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient

You have a folder with Metadata in there, in which you have many subfolders. That is your cache and is save to delete. $

PLus you have these files:

Connections.xml --> this is your connections, dont delete but move them somewhere else, you can later put those back if you have already many entries maintained for log on

EPMXLClientPreference.XML --> this may have faulty entries. So eithere delete them or make a copy from a colleague and overwrite this file

However, I dont really think it will help

Yours

Irmi

P.S.: There is a very good thread for some excel issues eveb if the header does not fit your issue, in which Cora provided tons of information and a link to a how to document. I did not check out that all as I did not have the issues, but maybe you find anything useful in there? here it is:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3678736

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

WHich is your backend release please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our system is 6.3.

Best regards,

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josep,

Please can you try to reinstall your Microsoft Office Excel itself? Since is happening just for you I am suspecting the issue is on your Office suite. Are you using which version? 2013? 2016?

Regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your answer. I have already tried this as well.

But when I reinstall the Add In and try to log in I still see my configured connections to IBP.

Is it possible that the uninstall is not being well performed. Because nothing changes and this setting are still in the program.

I am using Excel 2010, I have upgraded to 2016 with same result. I am back to 2010 now.

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I Assume you are on addon release 6.4.4.0, as per log. Are you on IBP 1608 in backend than?

And you can log in without error popping up, but just Excel does not react?

PLus, you have fulfillef all prerequisited listef in the OSS note?

if both is true, I would raise OSS. Else, the releases might be incompatible

is the error only on your laptop, or any of your colleagues? Would be interesting for the message

and by the way, did you delete the cash from excel? Can help sometimes especially after upgrades, and as 7.3.4.0 is only availabke sonce 15.9. give it a try

yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The thing is it was working in the beggining. Then it stoped wroking (only in my computer), I can log in but it doesn't react, actually before I log in I can already consult the log and see the error message. That is why I uninstalled, then installed again with the old version 6.2... and it wasn't working again.

I decided to do the upgrade to try to see if it could work in the new version.

I can normally log in through the web UI and see my user has all the rights.

Yes, I have all the prerequisites from the OSS Note.