cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO4.2 : How to add summation in table footer add table element API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created table with add tabular element restful service how can i add sum(column) in table footer and change header names of column while creating table with add element api.

Thanks,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In order to add a total in a table please do the following steps:

1) Insert a row/column in the footer using the specific API (available from 4.1 SP6)

2) choose a cell in the created row/column where you want to put the total

3) assign the expression on this cell with the desired function

For example "=Sum([Revenue])"

Best Regards,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created VTable with addelement rest api for ex. table with column names as city, state and sales revenue. where sales revenue in measures with value as sum (amount_sold).

Now I want to show table footer with sum of sales revenue as sum (sales revenue ) where sales revenue is measures in created universe.

Mean to say how can I add total or any aggregated function on any table column at bottom of the table (footer) while creating table with add element raylight rest API.

Another how can I change header of table columns like sales revenue should be shown as amount sold.

Can any one please provide the solution as i am stuck here with the further development.

Thanks,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I had given a quick try on this at my end, however doesn't able to match the patterns on posting the XML body for updating Webi document's report elements.

Attached file VTable_ele_spec1 is the XML, which contains the summation of measure in the Footer of VTable.

Attached file VTable_ele_spec2 is the XML, which doesn't contains the summation in the Footer of VTable.

I had given a PUT request for updating the VTable element specification by VTable_ele_spec1 XML (which contains the summation of measure in Footer) & saved the document back to enterprise, but it's only showing me empty cells in the Footer section.

I believe, we are missing while putting the summation of measure in the Footer section, but not able to figured out that where we have to put the same.

I would recommend you to test this on the latest patch & then post your observations here.

I guess someone from Dev team, will help you on this.

FYI, have tried this on BO 4.1 SP06.

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kedar,

Thanks for quick reply.

I have created VTable with addelement rest api e.q. table with column names as city, state and sales revenue as sum (amount_sold).

Now I want to show table footer with sum of sales revenue as sum (sales revenue ) where sales revenue is universe column name.

Mean to say how can I add total of any column at bottom(footer ) of table while creating table with add element rest api.

Another how can I change header of table columns like sales revenue should be shown as amount sold.

Thanks,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I am not sure for what you are looking for. Could you please give us brief idea so I can get to know.

If you want to add row or column in table then please refer below guide:

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100015662742015E/sbo42_webi_restws_dg_en.pdf

8.4.8 Inserting a Row or Column into a Table.

Regards,

Kedar Kale.