Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - I need clarification on the "client"

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I've mentioned before, we are new to Personas. I've posted a couple of questions whose responses indicate our "client" is out of date. Basis and I are not 100% sure on what that means.

Basis has ran the Personas Health Check, which indicates there are a number of notes which can be applied to our system. To me, client indicates something running locally on my PC, so I'm thinking perhaps the SAP GUI needs to be updated? I have tried to research this topic online, and I keep seeing references to the NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC). I'm not sure if that's the same thing as the SAP GUI, but is that what needs to be updated?

I apologize if I'm not asking this well, or if it's something we should just know. Our Basis team is down to one employee at the moment, so I'm doing whatever I can to help him out.

Also, if anyone has a link or anything that indicates the current levels for all things Personas (version, service pack, kernel, client, etc.), that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks again for all the great help in this forum!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this context, "client" refers to the part of the Personas product that runs in the browser. That lives on the server and is served up when you load webgui, and is updated by an OSS note. For Personas 3 SP03 that note is 2295996. New versions of the "client" are delivered as new versions of that note.

If you use the Notes Checker function in the health check section of the admin transaction, it will check whether your current version of that note, and others, is up to date or not.

The health check itself also checks kernel versions, memory configuration, and other things.

Steve.

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick reply. This is very helpful.

When our Basis admin ran the health check, it noted that there are 21 notes available for our system. I assume these notes can just be applied "as needed", like other SAP notes, and otherwise we can wait and pick them up in the next service pack. Is that correct?

I do see that 2295996 is included in this list of 21 notes, so I'll definitely make sure he applies that one.

Thanks again for your help!

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Any note appearing in the Notes Checker list with a traffic light other than green has to be implemented in order to get a fully up-to-date system. Those are the "required" notes, as opposed to the "recommended" ones which the support pack-specific main note (for SP3 that is 2295995) also lists.

So no, don't wait with those notes - apply them all and get a green light for everything there.

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. Basis has updated our client to the most recent version, which resolved a few issues I've been having.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)