cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate planning file entries through t code: MDAB

0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to generate the planning file entry for material. As per my understanding, I have created variant for plant and selected the option

'start immediately'  through t code: MDAB in order to generate planning file entry for MRP relevant materials (specially looking for ROH)

belongs to plant. After execution, PF entries are not appearing.

Can anyone suggest the reason or appropriate sequential steps to generate planning file entries in background? 

Regards,

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NIlesh, You know how to generate the planning file entries like through MDAB by creating variant and execute for plant or do MD20 for each material manually. I just want to check are these materials uploaded through LSMW. But now when you are trying to create and system is not doing even the material has PD setting, so only thing i can see is check the tcode OMDU and see your plant has the indicator set. Thanks Kishan

0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

Sorry for late reply..! The plant indicator has been activated in OMDU.

Regards,

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to run MRP by scope of planning as NEUPL in background Mode.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

AS per my understanding, the MDAB will generate the planning file entries for those items only which have some MRP related changes and also for those items which are not planned through MRP

Also have a look on the thread

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

Message was edited by: Saurabh Srivastav

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Running MDAB will only create the planning file entries when they do not exist, that means, when there is no entry on the table for a specific material. This transaction is used on very specific scenarios for example, during the setup of MRP on a plant.

This transaction WILL NOT mark the planning file entries for a material for which the planning file entry already exists in the table.

If you want to ensure that all materials are planned by MRP, you should simply run MRP with the key NEUPL.

Regards,

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Sorry for late reply..! After executing t code: MDAB, planning file entries are not appearing for materials.

Regards,

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you please explain

1. why you are running the MDAB for the ROH.

2. Are these material are not planning through the MRP run.

3. Are these material are available in any BOM, or any reorder is maintain against the material.

Please note that MDAB will not run for the material (also mentioned in above comments)

1. with MRP type as ND

2. already have the planning file entries. Check MD21 or Table MDVM

If you want to manually generate the planning file entries for the material, try with MD20.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you set a valid MRP type for your materials?

What is your release? If you are using S/4 HANA, you should use report PPH_SETUP_MRPRECORDS (see note 2268088 for details).

Regards,
Caetano

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are these ROH materials relevant from MRP?  Check the MRP types it should be valid MRP type  like PD.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

MRP Type "PD" are maintained for materials.

Regards,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked in transaction code MD21 ?

Normally, the planning file entry should be  created automatically when the material master is created if the MRP type of that material is MRP related (It is not MRP type ND.) and MRP is activated for the plant.

Check table MDVM.

Run transaction code MD20 to create the planning file entry individually or run transaction code MDAB to create collectively for a plant, MDAB can find the missing planning file entries of materials and create automatically.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This normally does not happen, but as a good practice it is better to run MDAB & MDRE, to ensure that the planning file entries are consistent..

Also check MRP type should be maintained as PD.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj