Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock type determination for movement type 655, 657 for return delivery

former_member301510
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a PS Consultant and new to SD and PM.

At present, in our system; SAP is considering and displaying stock type "Unrestricted use" for all the movement types (653, 655 & 657) in return delivery.

This field is in display mode.

We need to make it either in change mode so that user can change the required stock type or the system should it pick up automatically based on movement type.

I have tried finding out solution in various Forums but unsucceed. That might be due to the way "Stock type determination in return delivery", I am searching in forum.

I found an alternative by using SHD0 but I don't find it as a best solution.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/snippets/transaction+variant+-+A+step+by+step+guide+for+creati...

Is OMJJ a customization where we can maintain this setting? If yes, please provide me steps because I checked but could not find any relevant setting there.

Please suggest me a relevant solution or link or notes.

Attaching relevant screen shots (VOV6 and VL03N).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member301510
Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to this default stock type "Unrestricted use"; all the customer returns are going to Unrestricted stock, irrespective of movement types (653, 655 or 657). But, the system should take default QI stock (For movement type 655) and Blocked stock (For movement type 657).

Thus, business is carrying out an unnecessary step of moving the return goods from unrestricted to QI or Blocked stock manually.

Regards,

Sandeep

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, whether this issue is there in all landscapes or only in one landscape.  Also not sure whether you have activated Quality view in material master and set relevant inspection type.  If I remember right, it should be 05.

After setting the above in material master, if you use movement type 655 and do PGR, quality lot to that extent of PGR quantity, would be generated and only after Quality clearance, the stock can be re-used for resale.  

G. Lakshmipathi