Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry pre built db

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have couple of questions regarding this thread - How woud you create and deploy a full pre-built... | SCN

- Which is the root folder @Stephen Streeter's was mentioning in this thread

"If you are using the WPF client,  You can copy the pre-set db to the root folder of the client."

- Do I need to copy just the Agentry.db to the root folder or the folder above ex: Agentry Client {GUID} folder from app data to the root folder?

- Now my requirement is since the initial data download is taking too much time, I'm thinking of doing the initial download on my machine and copy my agentry.db to the other users machine. This could avoid them doing all the initial downloads and just do the delta ( as the data differs from each user to user based on their work center) If I follow the above steps will I be able to achieve what I need?

Thanks again for all your help!

-Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Do I need to copy just the Agentry.db to the root folder or the folder above ex: Agentry Client {GUID} folder from app data to the root folder?

You just need to place the Agentry.db at the same location as the AgentryClient.exe file.  The client will move the database to the correct app data folder.

Note, (it has a been a while since I did this but if I remember correction) you need to have a unencrypted database file.  You need to use the client's Export DB button (on the about screen with an unencrypted client) and that is the file you move to the root level folder of the other devices. , Do I remember correctly?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct.  The database needs to be unencrypted. 

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill Froelich and Stephen Streeter for your quick response. Much appreciate it!