Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Validation Question

former_member469694
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

When we do an address validation in Information Steward or Data services, do the telephone number and Fax number returned?

If not, what are the other options here to get Phone number & Fax number?

We have a scenario that Phone number & Fax number missing for lot of customer master records.

Any one can help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The address directories contain postal (and geocoding) information only. No telephone or fax numbers, no email addresses...

The data_cleanse transform allows for cleansing only of up to 6 phone/fax numbers and email addresses. It obviously cannot generate missing ones either.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

krishnamohan_corp9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As far i know, we can do address cleansing in data services using address cleansing transforms and in information steward we will use Data cleansing advisor which will be published again in data services.

But during cleansing it will not return phone or fax numbers.

1. Only thing what can be done is based on country, country code need to be added  to the phone number. This country wise codes will be provided by the client.

For example, to convert a US phone number like 415 555 2671, you need to add the ‘+’ prefix and the country code (which is 1) in front of the number so it will look like +14155552671.

2. Different countries have different phone formats.

Ex: if the source have phone numbers in a format with dots. For example: 206.850.9798. It is difficult to recognize as a phone number. This dotted format at quick glance looks more like an IP address than a telephone number. So in information steward before publishing the DCA solution it will show some standard formats, for example you can select 206-850-9798 format & publish it in data services and then add the country code (+1)206-850-9798. if you want to further cleanse the phone number then use functions on top of that. Ex: +1 (206) 8509798.

This is the only cleansing which i have implemented for telephone numbers.

Hope you got atleast some idea.

Regards

Krishna Mohan