Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

20 MB is not a performance issue..

when you are dealing with Falt files , then we have an option Recordsperset ,and exactly once as the QOS then see below

Specify the number of recordsets to be grouped together in a message. This specification is optional. The default value is *. In the default setting, all recordsets are included in a message.

If the number of recordsets in a document is greater than the number specified, then the adapter creates multiple messages from a document. The last message might then contain fewer recordsets than specified.

If you specify Exactly Once as the quality of service (see below), each of these messages (that is to say, each part of a document from which a message is created) is sent to the Integration Server/PCK exactly once. This is also true if the application is interrupted while creating the messages and restarted again later.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c071d7bb-0601-0010-d6b8-f4e4dc7f...

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Is this a text File? If yes you can use Recordsets per message.

If no, and the source file is an XML file I dont think an external splitting can be done

We have worked with 20 MB files and have notfaced issues. Just make sure that the Hardware is quick sized for this load and things will work fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

When u configure the sender comm. Channel, were you not able to find any settings reg the size.

Thanks,

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to transfer all records from the file in the same instance.

if file size is 20 mb.

will XI be able to handle this?

Could you explain the functionality of file size in Communication channel.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

It also depends on the resources you have and also the over all system load at that point of time.

XI should be able to handle this. I would say that this is going to kill the system.

BTW, does you XI system have any app servers?

Any questions, please let me know.

reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Are you doing any mapping or you are just using XI to transfer the file?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mapping is involved.

worst come.

i can use a server proxy.

file to proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

If there is no business requirements with in the file you can break the file into small no. of chunks. So while reading dont read all the file at a time. Instead you can read small no. of chunks. Check this weblog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

---Satish