cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mass upload process steps in 7.2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

For those who are familiar I remind how in SOLMAN 7.1 we can / could rapidly enter a Process Tree into SOLAR01:

1. Upload a pre formatted excel sheet with Business scenarios / Processes/Process Steps and then upload again a sheet with Transactions / Programs. It worked quite nicely even though it was a one time load - so we copied from a Temporary project.

2. Cut and Paste from an Excel sheet (usually from a SAP Template) so we could easily copy at least 10 steps or processes into SOLAR01.

With both of these tools I could rapidly construct a complete Process Tree for any organization (of course with the help of all local consultants) within two working days!

After playing around with 7.2 on CAL and looking over the documentation I have not found anything similar!

True- you can right click on the new documentation screen and manually add a new process step one by one but with this technique it will take two months - not two days!

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is anyone in SAP going to provide us with a utility for mass upload?

Best Regards,

Oded Dagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oded,

there is no excel upload as in 7.1 so far. Instead there is an ABAP API to add any content you like programatically: CL_SMUDE_API will offer you objects e.g. IF_SMUDE_NODE_WRITE, a simple API that allows to create any node, be it structure or assignments.

Kind Regards
Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas!

Thank for the prompt reply!

Yes I guess that this API could be expanded to a full program for uploading - for the time being.

I still recommend that your team will come up with a standard tool that will give at least 7.1 capability.

Maybe in SP04?

Best Regards,

Oded Dagan