Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipped inspection lot

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have one inspection plan with dynamic modification rule defined that after first inspection lot is accepted , then the remaining two lots to be skipped. But when the inspection lot is created for a purchase order with partial GR done for which inspection lot created individually with all the inspection lot skipped. The dynamic modification criteria are material, Vendor and Manufacturer.Please advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you reread your posting and edit it?  You lost me here:

"order with partial GR done for which inspection lot created individually with all the inspection lot skipped."

I totally did not understand what that meant. 

Craig

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

There is one purchase Order created 20000 KG. And for this purchase order GR done partially for every 1000 KG . So an inspection lot created for each 1000 KG.

Thanks .

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. so what is your issue?

Since in your example of the second posting, you will do 20 GR's, you'll have 20 different batches received in.  That will normally result in 20 inspection lots.

In your first posting you imply you are only expecting three lots. First inspected and next two skipped.  But in your second posting you say it's for 20,000 and you do receipts of 1000 which means you are expecting 20 lots?  Are 19 to be skipped?  Or is every third one to be done.

In order to help resovle an issue, we need details.  I wrote more here than you did in two posts combined.  Sorry, but its frustrating to me.

The process can also depends on how your purchase order is set up.  Is it one line item for 20,000?  Or is it 20 line items for 1000?

I'm also assuming this is a batch managed product and each goods receipt gets a new SAP batch number?  I can only assume that becasue you haven't indicated otherwise.

Thanks!

Craig

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig. There is only one line item for 20000 KG . Each GR is for 1000 KG and totally there are 20 GR documents with 20 inspection lots . As per the DMR setting , the first lot to be inspected and the remaining 2 are skipped. And the fourth one is to be inspected and the fifth and sixth inspection lot are to be skipped . But the first inspection lot itself created with the status skipped .

The dynamic modification is at inspection lot level and the criteria are Material, Vendor and Manufacturer.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Becasue the setting is at material document level, the DMR rule doesn't reset for a new purchase order.  It's counting material document numbers.

Thus following your example. inspection lots 1,4,7,10,13,16,19 are inspected on the first PO, the rest skipped.  On the first purchase order, GR 20 would be skipped and the GR lots for the first and second GR on the second GR would be skipped.  The third GR of the second PO would be inspected, and then the 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 of the second PO would be inspected. If you keep going, the 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20 gr of the third GR would be inspected.

If you want to start over on each PO you must set your DMR to have basically 20 lines, each line being either a skip or an inspect.  After 20 lines, you'd go back to step 1.

Craig.