cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments using Document management service(DMS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on requirement where I need to attach the documents attachments to Service notification in (IW52/IW53) using DMS for that I need to create a sub screen with name attachment which will support DMS.

in our current project we have similar screen in complaint notification screen(QM02) as show in attached screen which is using DMS to upload documents.

My question is in order to attach DMS attachment tab is their any standard screen we have to reuse it ..? If so could you please let me know the steps.

if not can we reuse the screen attached to QM02 screen or I have to create this screen separately..?

Please find the attached screen for more details..

1) Screen which is already had Attachment tab.

2)Screen which require to add attachment tab.

I appreciate your help on this..

Thanks,

Sapsar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wow... I'm a little lost by the answers. I don't understand why we're talking about GOS and ALE here, and there is a confusion between DMS and DMS.

First of all, the DMS you're talking about is the Document Management of ERP systems (application component CA-DMS, function modules BAPI_DOCUMENT_*, tables DRA*).

There is also another DMS which is about content repository, etc., (application component BC-SRV-KPR-DMS, function modules SDOK_*, ...).

The first DMS may be linked to the second one to store the documents.

Unfortunately, I have no clues if you may reuse the standard subscreen or not.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To answer your question, yes, can get a similar button for uploading document for the matter when it comes for SO attaching or a Document attaching in a PO or in a BOM. So, that is the basic purpose of DMS system, which we use to upload documents. Now coming back to the queries. this part of SAP very much adjacent to the matter called ALE(Application Link Enabling). Whereis there you can have called GOS, for like lower version in GOS, maybe you will not get the filename as was the filename in source, but can get-around depending on the SAP Product version you are using.

So relevant matter can be checked at the below,

Notification - Sales Order | IW52 | SCN

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your response.

I am looking for attachment tab for DMS which is similar like attached screen shot on my question.

is GOS and DMS are same..? in my project they decide to go with DMS so I am looking for how I can embedded DMS attachment screen into Service notification transaction.

Thanks,

Sarsap.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there is a slight difference between GOS & DMS, can google & get the SCN document easily. After DMS install also, can get some GOS features. Anyhow adding the matter further, would like to add that DMS is where CSADMIN, OACT or OAC0 comes. The DMS matter gets activated using the parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE  with the value X. You have to put a bit focus on the matter called CONTENT RESPOSITORY activation.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

In my project DMS is already active..and we are using this for complaints and it was developed long back.

so now I am trying to do same for notification screen.

SD_SWU_ACTIVE  with the value X..means..? does it activate DMS at transaction level..?

I already searched SDN but I couldn't find details on how the attachment sub tab is added..not sure if we have to embedded any standard transaction or have to make any config changes in order to appear attachment screen  in notification change and display screen.

for my question content repository is not relevant.

Thanks,

Sapsar.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If DMS already active then do not need to bother about parameters. If would not mind could I ask whether you are the ABAP-er of your company, because in my company, i remember very well, for a finance transaction, for getting an extra notification screen, I had to consult the ABAP-er. Because like I mentioned that GOS can be helpful here but its not SAP-standard, but again you can modify to your required changes easily with the help of your ABAP Person. Also Notification screen changes can be achieved at ABAP Level.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushik,

Sorry If I am not clear to you on my question..

I am abaper.. that is the reason I clearly asked in my question that I have in development..

as it's related to DMS sub screen..do we have to reuse the screen or not..

what are the steps we have to take to reuse it..

because when we develop screen from scratch  it will not support all the activities that DMS does..so i am looking for help like how to embedded DMS attachment screen into Notification transaction.

Thanks,

Sapsar.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so getting clarification on this matter, would like to update you to follow the below steps :-

• In the standard system, there are already two special screens for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 for the linked SAP object.
  • You must create two new screens with the same number for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140. The processing logic must follow that of screen 1204 in program SAPLVC130.
  • Create function module OBJECT_CHECK_XXXX (XXXX = object name) If the object can be classified, this function module already exists .

Otherwise copy the function module for linking equipment DOCUMENT_CHECK_EQUI and change it as required for the new object.

Also like you to go through the below,

Enhancement Without Modification of the Object Links - Engineering Change Management (LO-ECH) - SAP ...

Adding Other Objects - Document Management - SAP Library

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushik..for the information..I will try to analyse the screens and go from their..I will let you know the output.

Thanks,

Sapsar.