cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen Horizon Not Considered

Former Member

Dear experts,

I am working with IBP for Supply, trying to work with Frozen Horizon.

I have set-up a Frozen Horizon in Location-Product MD equal to: 14

If I change my demand and I run the Heuristics this Frozen Horizon is not considered by the planning engine, and Production Receipts Key Figure is updated in the first weeks also.

Is there something I can be missing in the set-up?

Before running Heuristics:

After Running Heuristics:

I would expect that although I change the demand, inside the frozen horizon heuristics will not be able to modify Production Receipts KF.

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Esther

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member242371
Contributor

Hello Esther,

To model FROZEN HORIZON you need to input the freeze production qty through ADJUSTEDPRODUCTION.

If you see the calculation of this key figure in SAP4 model, you can notice that within frozen horizon only MINPRODUCTION is considered, unless any manual adjustment is made.

It is assumed that within frozen horizon you have fixed production receipts which you can enter in MINPRODUCTION(using copy operator) and only that much quantity will be produced(since it goes as input to operator through ADJUSTEDPRODUCTION).

Otherwise,  operator which will always plan new production within frozen period if demand is changed and you do not have any value in Min or adjusted production.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for your answer,

so adding a frozen horizon to the MD has any impact?

If I nevertheless need to fix my plan through the adjusted Key Figures

Best Regards,

Esther

former_member242371
Contributor

Hi Esther,

Yes it has. The value are only adjusted within frozen horizon as per the calculation defined in ADJUSTEDPRODUCTION. you can maintain the freeze production qty in MINPRODUCTION.

Anything outside the horizon will be planned based on the demand.

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (0)