Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment Process

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a following scenario seems to be cater from down payment, but not completely, can you please guide.

- Customer process a order of qty 100 TO and value $ 10,000 and customer give the advance 10% of the order value, this partial payment percentage can be vary every time.

- customer can get the product only with the value he pay, lets say if 10% is equivalent to 1 TO, then he can only get it.

please explain how this can be cater.

regards,

imran khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that you can achieve what your client requests with standard functionality.

And the business case is somewhat confusing:

1. A customer orders goods for 100 EUR.

2. You ask him to send you 10 EUR before you proceed with delivery creation.

3. He sends you these 10 EUR.

4. He did not send you the remaining 90 EUR, which you did not ask for, and because of this you will deliver only goods for 10 EUR.

If I am the customer, I will be both confused and upset - I wanted a certain quantity of goods for 100 EUR, instead you sent me 10% of what I needed (I might get even less than that-  if you round down the quantities to integer or if I lose my quantity discount). Why didn't you ask me for 100 EUR at the beginning?

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veslina,

Then you mean to say that credit management and advance process will work parallel.

if yes my question is..

if customer don't have sufficient fund his order is block before saving, how we process for down payment in this case.

if no mean only down payment..

than i think its a standard practice to receive the down payment against sales order and dispatch, but i am not sure system will allow excess delivery or not.

please share your judgement, thanks.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to go with milestone billing and create manual mile stones with % in the sales order.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

I have the following queries.

1. If client is using the credit management functionalities, how down payment will work. means, sales order normally will block if customer don't have fund in account. down payment request we generate after saving the sales order....

how it will re open the order automatically.

2. let say customer is giving 25% of the order value, he can get the product of value having 25% of the amount, how system will check this. at the time of delivery ???

3. my billing is based on the delivery not the order related, because might possible if customer give 25% value as down payment but he get the delivery of partial quantity less than what he paid.. how it is possible.

Looking for the gurus feedback, with thanks.

regards,

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Down payment functionality generally used in Projects with Mile stones

if credit management is Active it wwill take care of the downpayment based on the Payment Terms

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

can you please elaborate it "if credit management is Active it will take care of the down payment based on the Payment Terms"

As per my understanding if there are down payment scenario, than there is no credit management ? means order can not be delivered if down payment not received, so its just like credit management... pls confirm.