cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Ibase in Change Document good for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

for what do I need installed base, component and configuration item within the change document.

Is this just a reference to make it easier to find related change documents or is this assignment also some prerequisite for anything else?

Can we we change these fields to not mandatory and hide them?

Regrads,

Uli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uli,

ibase, component and configuration items are mandatory. these are ones defines the development system where you create transport. these informations comes directly from RFC, without project assignemnet, valid ibase, you cant define CD in RFC.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

thank you for your answer.

We do not use RFC, we create CDs directly.

So you are saying, that without ibase, comp and configuration i cannot create a transport request from the CD?

I have currently two logical components assigned to my maintenance project. But I can only assign one ibase. I am still able to create TR for the system which does not correspond with the ibase of the CD.

Will there be any technical issue in case i leave Ibase, comp and configuration blank in the CD?

Thanks,

Uli

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Uli,

we are also creating CDs directly.

On Creation, you have to choose a project to define the target system track and when choosing this project and if the logical component is linked to just one production system, the component(Ibase) is automatically retrieved. The component itself defines the target production system and therefor is mandatory, as mentioned. You may choose however to not display this field as long as your projects are always linked to just one track.

Please have a look at this post, there you will find a good explanation.

Regards

Thorben

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Ibase is the master data for ChaRM process and thus it is mandatory for charm process to work.

If you have multiple system and you provide one Prod ibase in normal change, you can still create transport for other systems as they are linked to your project or maintenance cycle. Project has one to one relationship with maintenance cycle.

Now when it comes to hide these fields, Yes, it is possible.

It is a very common requirement and you can easily achieve it via customizing Business role which is the interface for ITSM or ChaRM.

Thus one Business Role for the same Change Document won't show fields while other one can show the fields as required for same change document as per view defined.

check my below blogs which can help you to configure it further

hope this helps further

thanks

Prakhar