cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO Scenario with FG stock availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a MTO scenario where, we may not produce the exact quantity as per the sales order. We may produce either the same or extra quantity and this extra quantity in maintained in stock for the same customer.

Now, likewise when sales order is created for particular customer, say for material ABC with requirement for 100 PC and already 50 PC is in stock.

Here strategy 20(MTO) after MRP run will ignore the current stock and directly create planned order of 100 PC with sales order and with strategy 40, it will check the current stock and create planned order of 50 PC.

The advantage of 20 is that sales order no. and customer details are being refereed in production order. Secondly, MD50 can be run for particular sales order item.

Now, we want system to create planned orders with sales order details, secondly, sales order should check the availability for current FG stock and lastly we should be able to run MD50.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Narayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narayan,

Looking at your three conditions, the most feasible option is-

1. Use strategy 20, that will provide link between sales order and  planned/production order.

2. Manually check the FG stock and using MB1B do 413 E goods movement.

3. When you are using strategy 20, it will allow you to run MD50.

Only trouble is checking the stock manually and doing MB1B.

Thank you.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In MTO MRP planned the materials base on the sales order in individual planning segment with special stock. MTO by definition will only consider Sales order stock

In standard SAP system will not consider the the stock apart from individual planing segment in your case it would be a sales order and stock in hand for customer is in another planning segment (customer order) which will not be consider by standard SAP.

You can use 413 E movement for stock assignment from sales order to sales order before MRP run or use the BAdi like MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA method CHANGE_MDPSX_MSSA Change data when importing sales order stock.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Its strange that you are producing the extra quantity against the sales order to serve the future requirement in the MTO process.

I have few queries here

As per my understanding, if you are producing the stock with strategy 20 means stock is always generated with indicator E. Than how you generate the plant stock. Are you doing any stock movement from the Special stock to the plant stock for the extra quantity.

If this not a regular scenario, you may also use the plant stock transfer to the Sales order stock with movement 413E (Sales order to sales order) OR 412E ( Own to sales order) and than run the MRP.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS.

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a work around to put two strategy in material master.

Check the attached document, might be helpful for your case

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Yes I tried doing this process earlier with 20 as main strategy and 40 as secondary strategy.

While creating SO, I have options to select from requirement types KE and KSV.

Now, when I am selecting KSV, system doesn't allow to use MD50 and after MRP run system will behave as per strategy 40. It will not help production order to reflect sales order details in the order.

Yes, only thing it shall help me is to consume available stock from the inventory.

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narayan,

The planning segments are at individual customer order level, not at a customer level.

You can think of doing a complex development using BAdI MD_ADD_ELEMENTS to distribute this extra stock to individual order segments as per your logic, but, honestly I have not done it before and am not certain how much this will help you.

BR,

Rajen