cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Character Issue in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a proxy to file(FCC) interface in this we have used message split logic for every 50k records in order to handle the message size in the PI and it is currently running in the production system.During the interface run we are getting a issue with special characters and also we have tested the same data in the other interface where it doesn't have spilt logic it is working fine and in XML header the UTF-8 encoding is showing.

Where as in the interface which has split logic, we have observed that after transformation encoding(UTF 😎 value is missing and the special character(i.e. ù) is getting change as '?'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

Enable the monitoring in the sender ECC system and check in the sxi_monitor the character. When you do the check go to source code because in the monitoring the browser can render the character.

In this way you can assure if the sender system is sending the character correctly.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Inaki,

When the data is successful for other interface please ensure code is not generating XML with the special character.

0 Kudos

Hi AK,

This seems to be German character. I think you should use iso-8859 encoding technique.

Check below document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

Regards,

Ajinkya