cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 - Anyway to hide the line under the group box heading?

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Personas 3.0 SP3, and I'd like to create a completely invisible group box. By not providing a caption and letting the borders default to none, I'm almost there, but it still has a thin grey line separating the heading (caption) area from the body of the group box. Does anyone know of a way to hide that line? I realize I could set the background to a matching color, but I'm using corporate background images so that is not an option.

While I'm on the topic of group boxes, is there anyway to completely remove the heading area? Since I'm not using the area, it's just wasted space on the screen.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The issue with the line at the top of the group box is a Unified Rendering problem, not a Personas one. Unfortunately this is how the group box is rendered - which is a bug in my opinion. In fact, there is already a ticket open for this internally but I'm not sure if / when would this behavior be changed.

You could try to place a thin image covering the line, which has the same color as the background.

I'm not aware of a way to eliminate the group box header. However if you only want to have a box to group elements, you could try using the Simple Container control instead of the group box, which has no header.

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I can't cover the line with an image because of the background images, I'd never get a color to match across the image.

I do not see a Simple Container control. Is that something available through Personas, or are you talking about actually creating a control through JavaScript? We are using Personas 3.0 SP3, if that matters.

Thanks!

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You may not have the latest Personas client installed... this is what I mean:

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

You are correct, I only see Group Box there, not the Container drop-down. I had a response to another post today that also referenced the most current client. I've asked Basis which one we are on; they haven't got back to me yet, but obviously we need to upgrade ours.

I believe the simple container is what I'm looking for, so I"m marking this answered.

Thanks for your help!

Answers (0)