cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana procedure to copy all key figures from baseline to scenario

0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have a query concerning the standard Hana procedures called when using Excel S&OP functions.

For example I wish to use “Reinitialize” function but in an automated batch on Hana

I would like to copy all baseline data at the end of the week into a scenario without having to do it manually.

The business need is to save data before next S&OP cycle, so the copy function would have to clear and replace.

I found this procedure but cannot see how to specify the source (baseline) and target (scenario XXX)

SAP_SFND."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPDM_COPY_PLANMODEL_KEYFIGURE"(iv_srcplarea nvarchar(20), --source planning where to copy from

iv_srckeyfigure nvarchar(40),

iv_trgkeyfigure nvarchar(40),

iv_fromsapcontent tinyint,-- whether source planning area is from sap configuration. 1 means "SAP"

iv_replacemodel tinyint -- replaces the existing entries or merge. 1 means "replace" otherwise "merge"

is this it?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal

I believe you can schedule the re-initialize job periodically to automatically copy the data from baseline to scenario. It would be better to use this standard function.

If you would still like to do this, then this procedure doesn't seem to the right one for copying the KF data from baseline to scenario. You could check the database procedure called while you trigger the Re-initialize job in the system

Thanks
Parveen Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Parveen thanks for your reply.

By Excel, I don't believe i have the possibility to plan these batchs, only execute them (S&OP 3.0).

But I wish to avoid doing it via Excel because I have tried it for 1 key figure that had 4 or 5 values in the time bucket and it lasted 3 hours.

I want to try is with a direct execution in background. We are not able to trace the action launched in Excel on backend, the logs are too technically detailled and don't seem to show the procedure.

Does anyone know the name of the correct procedure? Is there a document with basic procedures describing what they do?

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

in the current version of IBP, that is pretty simple and works performant as well:

If I try to recall possibilities in SOP 3.x , I remember that scheduling of copy operator was not yet fully satisfying 3 years ago... Dont know how it is today, sorry

But regarding the performance, I would open an OSS ticket or start some performance analysis as 3 hours for a copy job seems to be pretty long.

Yours

Irmi

0 Kudos

OK Irmi, thank you for your answer

unfortunately version 3.0 seems to be already outdated, as a lot of functionalities have been aded to ibp and are still missing from 3.0.

Yes I have already opened a message OSS for the time lag.

I will have to open another to fetch the procedure.