Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDS 2.8 Notification Template importing issue

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i am implementing RDS 2.8 IN idm, at step  3.1.4 Notification upload step i am getting errors

SQL Update failed. SQL:insert into mc_template_class values ( 'SAPC_PF', NULL, 'PAR_REPOSITORIES|PAR_PASSWORD|PAR_PASSWORD_GENERATED|PAR_REPOSITORIES_FAILED', '', (SELECT mcPackageID FROM mc_package where mcDisplayName = 'com.sap.rds.idm.forms.default') )

java.lang.Throwable: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("MXMC_OPER"."MC_TEMPLATE_CLASS"."MCATTRIBUTES")

Error putNextEntry failed storingNo_DeltaKey

and

Error addEntry failed

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01704: string literal too long

Error addEntry failed

java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (UNKNOWN.obj#=15996) violated

Error addEntry failed

java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (UNKNOWN.obj#=15996) violated

Error addEntry failed

Error addEntry failed

Regrads,

Mohinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohinder,

What version of IDM and Oracle, please?

Matt

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

IDM : 8.0.3

Oracle (Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

Regards,

Mohinder

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, are you using the 8.0 RDS? If not, wait a couple of days and it should be out.  I think things will be much easier then.  If it is the 8.0 RDS, you might need to raise a note with SAP.

Also please check some of the other threads, there are some issues with ORACLE 12.  If all else fails, can you work with ORACLE 11?

Matt

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

i have raised oss for that.

Regards,

Mohinder

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

can you disable the failing pass of that job and execute the following statement in an SQL studio manually, or replace the query in that pass by the following query:

insert into mc_template_class

values ('SAPC_PF', '', 'PAR_REPOSITORIES|PAR_PASSWORD|PAR_PASSWORD_GENERATED|PAR_REPOSITORIES_FAILED', '', (select mcPackageID from mc_package where mcQualifiedName = 'com.sap.rds.idm.core'))

U will get an official reply to the incident later today.

Regards

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

found this mc_template_class under Jobs jobname : SAPC -import Notification Template  and pass name is  SAPC Create RDS Notification Class after that  under destination I have add this provided query and re-run that job

now error changed only package name changed

Regards,

Mohinder

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

thing is the value for mcattributes is not null. Can you try executing the query in SQL studio and let me know what the result is.

Thanks

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

OK, I understand now what Oracle is doing here, it is converting emtpy strings to null values.

Please try this query:

insert into mc_template_class

values ('SAPC_PF', 'RDS Message Templates', 'PAR_REPOSITORIES|PAR_PASSWORD|PAR_PASSWORD_GENERATED|PAR_REPOSITORIES_FAILED',

'APPROVED|DECLINED|TIMEOUT', (select mcPackageID from mc_package where mcQualifiedName = 'com.sap.rds.idm.core'))

Regards

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Different error now

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

that looks like the entry is already there. Can you do a select * from mc_template_class and confirm the class SAPC_PF is in the table?

Regards

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Allright, case closed

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

So no  Need to run Job as per guided by RDS 2.80 Doc  ?

Error which is coming during job run is false ?

Correct ?

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you check in the job log, whether the second pass of the job run successfully? If not disable the first pass (as you have the row in your DB already) and execute the job with only the second pass enabled.

Regards

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

as you said I have disabled 1st pass and re-run job. result is :-

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I guess the source csv file is where it is supposed to be (in the upload folder)?

This is another Oracle specific error where Oracle just does not like a value of more than 4000 characters.

Since the logic used to import the data is a standard IdM To Database pass I would like to aks you to open an incident on component BC-IAM-IDM and report the error.

In the meantime can you please check in the Administration UI in tab Message Templates, whether you can find any templates for the class SAPC_PF.

Thanks

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

csv file is there in upload folder and SAPC_PF templates are also there.

Regards,

Mohinder

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

if the templates are there you can ignore that error. As far as I understand that, the templates are transported with the packages already, which makes this job unnecessary. We will update the note/documentation accordingly.

Regards

Norman

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Norman for understanding