cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.2 Project Enablement

0 Kudos

Hello, experts!

Please, tell me, what i should do? I upgraded our SM 7.1 SP12 to SM 7.2 SP03. Before upgrade, i executed content activation procedure. After upgrade i executed Post upgrade Activities->Solution Documentation Content Activation

And now, i want to reuse our previous projects. I go to Post-Upgrade Activities->Project Management Enablement and see that there are no projects to reuse:

In the Content Activation Guide there is the following information:

If you have previously only used 'traditional' 7.1 ("SOLAR") projects, and you want to activate them in the 7.2

project management environment, you will need to perform the Project Management configuration scenario in

transaction SOLMAN_SETUP under Scenarios -> Project Management -> Maintain Configuration -> Activate

Integration Scenarios for Project Types to set up project management.

There is a separate scenario in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP under Related Links -> Post-Upgrade Activities ->

Project Management Enablement which helps you to create new project management projects from SAP Solution

Manager projects that were related to a roadmap in 7.1.

Before you start working with project management content in 7.2, make sure that you maintain the project types

you need in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP under Scenarios -> Project Management ->Maintain Configuration ->

Activate Integration Scenarios for Project Types.

Note

In SAP Solution Manager 7.2, IT Portfolio and Project Management (ITPPM) is renamed to Project

Management. During the activation process including the supporting guided procedures the old name is

used.

Ok, i went to

Project Management ->Maintain Configuration -> Activate Integration Scenarios

And what activities should i do there? I have no ideas. Please, suggest.

Thank you for your answers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello, expert!

Today i found one interesting stuff:

I went to

SAP Solution Manager: Implementation / Upgrade

then

I clicked on "solution Documentation Migration" under  "Data Migration" tab

AND opened page "SAP Solution Manager Configuration: Old Solution Documentation Content Activation"

and there is all steps which described in "Solution Documentation Content Activation Guide" including activation of ITPPM.

What is it?

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramil,

you can only "reuse" projects that have been migrated in Content Activiation. If you did not put them in scope there is no way to do this after Content Activation is finished.

Kind Regards
Andreas

0 Kudos

Hello, Andreas!

I had put all of our projects and solutions in scope in "content preparation". And all of them  appeared in my solution in SM 7.2 in "solution documentation" after "content activation". But no one in "Project Enablement".

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramil,

I just learned the following by a colleauge: Before you activate project content in "Guided Procedure "" in SOLMAN_SETUP you should have gone through the scenarios "Change Control Management" and "Project Management" in SOLMAN_SETUP. This should be described in our "Content Activation Guide"

Kind Regards
Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi, Andreas!

It seems that i understood why i can`t see any projects in "Project enablement"(

I prepeared "Project Management" after that i had  closed "content activation". I will try to perform another content activation on a test system and will provide results.

0 Kudos

Hi, Andreas!

I made another content activation in test system, before this i had done the following thing from Content Activation Guide:

==============================

If you have previously only used 'traditional' 7.1 ("SOLAR") projects, and you want to activate them in the 7.2

project management environment, you will need to perform the Project Management configuration scenario in

transaction SOLMAN_SETUP under Scenarios -> Project Management -> Maintain Configuration -> Activate

Integration Scenarios for Project Types to set up project management.

There is a separate scenario in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP under Related Links -> Post-Upgrade Activities ->

Project Management Enablement which helps you to create new project management projects from SAP Solution

Manager projects that were related to a roadmap in 7.1.

Before you start working with project management content in 7.2, make sure that you maintain the project types

you need in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP under Scenarios -> Project Management ->Maintain Configuration ->

Activate Integration Scenarios for Project Types.

Note

In SAP Solution Manager 7.2, IT Portfolio and Project Management (ITPPM) is renamed to Project

Management. During the activation process including the supporting guided procedures the old name is

used.

I had added "Maintenance Project" and "Development Project"  in SOLMAN_SETUP under Related Links -> Post-Upgrade Activities ->Project Management Enablement , then i made content activation, but none of my projects appeared in "Project Management Enablement". I think if projects were not used in SAP Portfolio and Project Management in 7.1,  we cannot reuse them in "Project Management Enablement" in 7.2.

Information from "Project Management Enablement" screen:

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.2, all functions of the previous solution directory (such as project administration, business blueprint, or configuration) can only be used in read-only mode. The new solution documentation replaces the functions. You can only maintain projects in the project management, which is integrated with SAP Portfolio and Project Management (SAP PPM).

To reuse existing projects and projects from SAP Solution Manager 7.1 (SOLAR), in project management of SAP Solution Manager 7.2, you need to enable them.

The job also maps all projects to branches.

Note: You only need to enable ongoing projects. Completed projects are not enabled.

0 Kudos

Hi, everyone.

I noticed the following stuff:

In content activation guide, in some presentation, Content Activation Procedure looks differen than mine. As you can see on screen above, i have 3 steps to activate, and in this presentation there are much more steps:

And in this presentation after IT PPM activation there are several projects in Project Enablement:

Who has already upgraded yours Solution Managers to 7.2 SP03, please tell me, how many steps has your "Post-Upgrade Activities"->"Solution Documentation Content Activation"?

Thank you for your answers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramil,

kindly check your SP version of SM 7.2 or you missed any major notes?

might be both are different.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hello, Jansi!

I have Solution Manager 7.2 SP03, and i implemented all notes from Content Activation Guide before and after upgrade.