cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Relay - questions

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Can I see all chats going on, or only my own and those of people I follow / who follow me ?
  2. (How) can I ask for an invite to a chat?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, Johan:

I want to make sure I understand the questions.

1) When you say other chats going on, what do you mean? Chats you're not involved with? I don't think you have visibility into people's direct messages now, and I think people would want those private anyway. But I'm probably misunderstanding. Could you explain a bit more please?

2) This is a trickier one. The functionality is purposely set up so you can only send messages to people who follow you. This was a business requirement, primarily from moderators who didn't want to get spammed. It's my understanding that DM in SCN works the same way, so I don't think we're taking a feature away. But that doesn't answer your question, and I don't have a good one. If you can't DM someone, you can't ask him to follow you, and if he doesn't follow you, you can't DM him. A catch-22. Perhaps another member can chime in and give some ideas on how they currently do this. In the meantime, I'll ask around for a better response.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

currently (and also in future) you will get a notification when someone follows you. You can then decide to follow this person too. then you can use direct messaging and share content with this person and this person with you.

maybe 2 out of 100 direct messages that I write or get has nothing to do with moderation.

From my point of view and how I used it,  it is a moderation feature.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

1) What I was thinking is, that considering that there is a list of chats to begin with, I expected to see a list of chats, with perhaps info on whether I am a member of each chat or not, and perhaps an option to allow me to request in on the chat.

However, what I think I understand that Jürgen said, is that the chat is mostly a feature for moderators, whom I can see could have multiple chat sessions running at the same time. So perhaps

this question is more about me misunderstanding the intended purpose of SAP Relay.

2) To chime in myself, an obvious method of getting in contact with someone who is not following you, is (in the current SCN system) to mention them in a discussion. This will send an alert to this person.

You could also take a look at LinkedIn's system.

Regards,

Johan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Messages fix / updates coming?

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Yes. I need to go through them all and make sure I respond to all of these individually for the benefit of people who took the time to share their thoughts.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just accessed your new people profile and pressed the "Send a Message" button, which I think is only for Moderators, or if a person is following you.  Maybe you will have better luck, the screen is not working for me.  I just get blue dots on top of the 'Loading Chats' window in the left-hand list.

I also 'Followed' you (should also be visible in your notifications), so you can give it a try.