Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog migration - some links still point to SCN Jive content

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 1DX team

Please refer to the following blog. Some of the links to other blogs there are not updated to point to 1DX blog. Instead they are still pointing to SCN Jive content.

1DX blog

FormatConversionBean - One Bean to rule them all! - SAP Blogs

Old SCN Jive blog

Pretty straightforward issue so I don't think I need to explain in depth. My guess is the link within a table is not properlyidentified, extracted and converted.

Regards

Eng Swee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quick update on this and the other issues we've discussed (missing images/broken links): the test migration is scheduled for tomorrow.  We expect all those issues to be resolved with that version, so please let me know if you see anything after tomorrow that needs attention.  I will be testing as well, but want to have as many eyes on this as possible leading into the launch this coming weekend.

Best,

Jamie

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, Jamie. Will definitely have a look and provide any necessary feedback.

Looking forward to a successful test migration, as well as the big one ahead!

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

Unfortunately, nothing has changed for this particular issue, i.e. the blog links in the table still point to SCN Jive, and those blog links outside point to 1DX

Regards

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've looked at another one of my blogs and I'm now really puzzled by the results.

Old SCN Jive document

New Wordpress blog

Stop using © campaign - busting myths and liberating design - SAP Blogs

In the migrated blog, there is also a table with 4 entries. Item 1 & 3 links to other existing Jive Blogs, and these links are converted to point to 1DX Wordpress blogs.

This result is inconsistent with the earlier reported blog, where within a table, the links to existing Jive Blogs are not updated.

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm...well, there are two issues going on here: 1) the redirects are not working from Jive docs and 2) they are inconsistent.  Let's ping , who has a better pulse on the doc migration.

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I had a chat with dev this morning and it seems this is working as intended (for now).  The Jive docs have not been migrated or redirected yet, and will not be until launch, so it's sensible that the docs will still point to their Jive links.  The blogs, however, were handled appropriately and link to their new homes in the beta space.

Best,

Jamie

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

From my discussion with Michael Braun in my other thread, I now understand that links to Jive Documents will remain as it is and will be handled by redirect at launch. I'm fine with that.

The blogs, however, were handled appropriately and link to their new homes in the beta space.

This thread is related to links to Jive Blogs (not Jive Documents), and from what you said above, links to these should be changed to their new homes, i.e. "blogs.sap.com/?p=xxxxx". If this is the intended outcome, then there is still some issue with the migration based on comparison of the two blog posts I've mentioned in this thread.

Example 1 - Migration of links to Jive Blogs is successful

Stop using © campaign - busting myths and liberating design - SAP Blogs

Example 2 - Migration of links to Jive Blogs is not successful

FormatConversionBean - One Bean to rule them all! - SAP Blogs

Appreciate if your team can look into this.

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for the second example - I see the problem now.  I was originally looking at #2 and #4 in your table and comparing against #1 and #3, hence my comment about blogs vs. docs.  Let's see if can investigate.

Best,

Jamie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng Swee, I am verifying now if this issue will be resolved in this week's tests.

Best,

Jamie