cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for SAP Fiori 2 Launchpad on Premise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

can anybody tell me which requirements there are for running a Fiori 2 Launchpad () on an onpremise installation?

We currently have an NW 7.4 with EhP7 (HR Renewal 2.0).

Best regards!

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Take a look at .

• SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1608
  • SAP S/4HANA 1610 (OnPremise)

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thank you for your reply!

When i understand correctly it is not possible to use the new launchpad with NW 7.4. nor NW 7.5 and is only available with S4/HANA.

Kind regards!

Sebastian

sascha_weidlich2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

i think the new launchpad will be available with NW 7.5. Take a look into the following SAP-Note:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2261419

It says that the Release of the new UI-Addon SAP_UI 751 (which includes the Fiori 2.0 Design) will be released in Q1/2017 for development purposes.

Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

also many thanks for your reply! But I am still really confused.

In my previous investigations I came across the following post of Jocelyn https://scn.sap.com/message/16676996#16676996.

Here it says that the linked screenshots (SAP Fiori 2.0 - Next generation business software | SCN) where made with UI Addon 2.0. This Addon would already be avbailable for NW 7.4....

But as I understand the note you linked for Fiori 2.0 the UI Addon 3.0 will be needed to get the look and feel as in the blog post from Kai (linked in my first post)?

Kind regards

Sebastian

sascha_weidlich2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

ha! Very good that im not the only one who is confused about this.

Im thinking that the UI Addon 3.0 will be needed. I try to explain why:

With UI Addon 1.0 you'll get the SAPUI5 Version 1.28.xx.

With UI Addon 2.0 you can get any SAPUI5 Version until 1.38.xx. (correct me SAP-Experts if im wrong here. )

With UI Addon 3.0 you'll be able to get to SAPUI5 Version 1.40.xx and higher. This one includes the new theme sap_belize and i think that this will also include the new launchpad.

But this is just my opionion after reading some SAP Notes, maybe im completely wrong with this.

Hope SAP will release some further informations about this topic soon.

Regards!

Answers (0)