Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Systems Addition

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm new to the MAC world.

I installed SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 8.5

I am able to access all internal systems but unable to add any user defined systems.

Could you please share any documentation or steps that would help me achieve this.

I am basically trying to add a customer system in my SAP GUI.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharat Chandran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to go to the Advanced tab of the new connection dialog box, tick "expert mode" and then add the connection details in saprouter format, like this:

conn=/H/host.domain/S/3200

Steve.

0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much.

Just for more Clarity as to my question.

I have the application server details and the instance ID.

Say my system name is 'XXX' and its Application Server is "10.20.30.45" and Instance ID is '00'.

Could you please help me understand how to set up the connection parameter in expert mode.

Also i connect using their VPN with IP "60.70.80.90" and Port "YYY".

Could you please help me formulate the connection parameter.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharat Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your example the connection string would be "conn=/H/10.20.30.45/S/3200"

I don't think VPN connections should make any difference, so long as you can reach the hostname or IP address directly from your machine.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much. It is working now with your suggestion.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

Just one more follow up query so that anyone who reads this article will have a clear idea

How did you come up with the port number 3200 ?

Does this mean that if the instance id was 02, i would provide /S/3202 ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sharat Chandran

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Generally the port number resembles the service running in that correspondence system.

Also in general, that port & all details in like windows system, can be checked in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services --file(you can view using notepad the details).

Like in my company the SAProuter system runs on port 3299.

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

thanks for your response.

I am currently working on a Mac machine and not a Windows machine.

Do you have the same information for mac ?

Sharat

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat Chandran,

For Mac, follow the links below, only the thing is in the below links it shows about opening the host file, instead of that you need to open the services file in the same location for MAC demonstration.

How to edit your hosts file on Mac and Windows | Dirigo Design & Development - Portland, ME

Beginner Geek: How To Edit Your Hosts File

Thanks,

Kaushik

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In that matter of yours, in the login option creation, you put as mentioned by you only.

Application Server is "10.20.30.45" and Instance ID is '00'.

& SID(system name) is 'XXX'

And in the router-string option as you are looking to log on to the customer system, then in that field it would be the customer system Public IP(Can ask customer for that to Google "What is my IP")

With the above credentials, you will be able to login, if in the customer network-firewall, its allowed & also the SAProuter @ the customer side Router permission table is set to receive the incoming connection from your side.

Hope this helps & we will hear that you are already connected & logged into the customer system.

Thanks,

Kaushik