cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 Notes

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

How do we ensure we have all of the correct notes installed for Personas 3.0?

We are constantly installing notes, running tests, identifying issues, then discovering there is a note that has already fixed this issue a long time ago.

Thanks

Shane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Health Check screen of the admin transaction you'll find a "Personas Note Checker" button on the toolbar

This downloads all the notes and checks whether or not you have them installed. It does not apply them - you need to go to SNOTE to do that, but you'll find them all downloaded and ready to go! It also checks versions, and so will so you when a new client version is released.

It is worth running this every once in a while to make sure you stay up to date.

Steve.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve - I tried that button ... but it didn't seem to help.

Right now I'm getting an error "No Group Selected" when I try to add an icon to a button

When I looked online - I found this: Problem with assigning icons | SCN

where Sushant says to apply note 2175479

but that note doesn't even show up when we run the "Personas Note Checker"

all I see is this...

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

That note is the main note for Personas 3.0 SP1 - and you are on SP3 so it is not applicable to your environment.

The 'No group selected' is not an error message... what happens when you try to pick an icon from the tree on the left?

Best regards,

Tamas.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

I don't see any groups

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Then you may not have any icons uploaded / created yet. Either use the "Upload icon from image" function here, or use the Personas Admin transaction to upload and manage icons.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

i can see under advanced properties some have an icon_ID ...but where do you get these names from?  It isn't a dropdown list like it used to be in Personas 2.0

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Are there no default icons like the previous version?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is happening with a migrated flavor from 2.0, correct?

If yes, please create an incident, because at first glance this situation should not happen. Icons should have been migrated and standard icons should show up in the box. We need to take a look what's going on.

Tamas.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

no i'm trying to create a brand new flavor from scratch

I created a simple t-code button and now i'm trying to add an icon

but i don't see the standard icons anywhere.

If i go to More Options > Advanced > Icon_ID and manually type B_LIST an icon shows up...but thats the only way i can get it to work.

Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please create an incident. There used to be a bug with icon handling in earlier versions but with SP3 that should be fixed.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks the SAP ticket number is #0000060676

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Tamas - how are you supposed to add icons to buttons....   maybe i'm doing it wrong...

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The way you are trying to do it is correct. You should be able to select the standard icons in a tree structure in that window on the left.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas - we did what SAP support said and updated the latest version of note 2295996

but nothing is showing up....

Answers (0)