cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New tab in WorkManager 6.2 to call SAP Ui5?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it possible to call SAP UI5 application from WorkManager 6.2? The user wants to do a lookup on SAP (particular structure in this case) to see if a notification has been created for the particular LRP, if it is then he don't want to create a notification. So I was wondering can we have kind of lookup in SAP Work Manager or I'll create simple UI5 to show kind of report for the notifications created in the past week or so, but this Ui5 had to be called from Work Manager.

Just looking for some ideas/options.

Thank you,

Justin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Justin,

With Work Manger 6.4 they introduced a new OpenUI control to host UI5 content within Work Manager.  I have not had a chance to use it yet as WM 6.3 just came out but it might be an option to do what you are describing.

--Bill

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Do you know what are the requirements to try to use the new UI5 control? I'm basically asking from which SMP SDK the Eclipse plugin and the application client created using OpenUI supports it.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. We are planning to do the upgrade next year. So I'm assuming there is no option then for my requirement with current 6.2 release?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can also do an on demand type lookup using the Agentry functionality.

--Bill

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay Thanks Bill. Let me look into that options and open a new thread if I need more information on that.

Answers (0)