cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Conversion - How to Remove Trailer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I am having difficulty identifying the correct parameters to enable me to remove the trailer of a text file. The file will have a random number of data rows and there is no "key" field to identify these rows. The Trailer rows are however are fixed values. Sample file below:

DATA==> FNX7 Comdty|0|12|013

DATA==> FNZ7 Comdty|0|12|

TRAILER1==> END-OF-DATA

TRAILER2==> TIMEFINISHED

TRAILER3==> END-OF-FILE

I would appreciate any help on how to configure the Content Conversion Parameters to ignore the trailer. I have looked online and have seen many scenarios, but all involve a level of "Key Identifying" which I cannot do for the Data Fields. Is there any parameters to allow me to ignore the trailer fields??

Regards.

Mick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

If this is the structure of your file you can take 'FN" as keyfield value for data.

Pick up the whole file with trailer and ignore the trailer in the Message Mapping.

I mean dont map the trailer with any field of destination structure.

Thanks

Amitanshu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with the below option in parameters , no of columns as 0.

Fixed Column Width of the Text Document:

NameA.absoluteRowWidth=<noOfColumns>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

use an adapter module to cut these...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mick,

If you always have only this three trailer records then I have an option. First create one interface to parse the file and let it put only the data records in one file. Then write another second interface which picks this good file.

If you feel this is OK then in the first interface dont pass the trailer records which has END-OF-DATA or TIMEFINISHED or END-OF-FILE. This only works if you always have this values only. If they are dynamically changing then you cannot use then.

---Satish