SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed meter read order considered for billing

ankit_munshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario wherein a suppressed meter read order (which got fulfilled by estimation) is getting considered for billing. For example :

Move-in on 2nd Jan

Periodic MRO 8th Jan (suppressed but fulfilled)

Move-out 28th jan.

Now when we try to bill the customer, consumption that is being considered is periodic MRO read minus final read. Is this correct behavior? Or am I missing something here ..

Regards,

AM

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I think you need to check the priority of the Meter reading reasons in the config-

IMG-->SAP Utilities-->Device Management-->Meter Reading-->Meter Reading Order-->Order Creation-->Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check

Moreover, what is the MR reason that is being used for estimating the MRO.

Is it 02 (Interim reading with billing ) or 09 (Interim reading with out billing)

Thanks

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I wonder whether priority has anything to do with billing. Doesn't priority determine suppression only , do you think priority has a role to play in billing as well ?

MR reason for order being estimated is 01 (periodic).

thanks,

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

If there is a Meter read and even though the corresponding Bill order is suppressed, it will be considered in next billing.

In your case, system should be using 3 reads in final billing : Move-in read, Periodic-read & Move-out read.

Is this not the case ? Is the estimated read for 8th Jan same as Move-in read ?

Regards,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Hi,

No the estimated read is not same as move-in read . Why should an estimated read be considered for final billing ? Shouldn't final consumption be final actual read - move-in read in this case (ignoring estimated periodic read)?

Thanks,

AM

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

As i said, if there is a read, system will use it for calculation, but this doesn't mean boundary changes.

Below is an example how an extra read impacts calculation within billing period.

Suppose the billing period is from 01/01 to 26/01 and the price changes from 09/01

Example 1

Date   Read     Price 

01/01100       $1
08/01 200$1
26/011000$2

Price for period 01/01to 08/01100 * $1=$100
Price for period 09/01to 26/01800 * $2=$1600

Total Charge$1700

Example 2

Same period without an extra read within period and with same price changes:

Date     Read

01/01100
26/011000

Prorated consumption for period 01/01 to 08/01277 * $1=$277
Prorated consumption for period 09/01 to 26/01623 * $2=$1246

Total Charge$1523

(Proration using linear methodology)

Saying, this i am a bit confused with your query. Are you saying that in your system for example 1 system is calculating total consumption as 800 units and not 900 units ?

Regards,

Pranav