cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know own open questions?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to identify which of my own questions are still open or already marked with a best answer.

Starting from the own profile I can select my blogs, my questions, my answers. It is even possible to see how many answers I got and how many votes have been made,  but there is no indication if my question is still open or if was already answered or closed by myself.

Would be nice to see a check mark instead of the question mark or a green ball instead of a blue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi again, Juergen,

Turns out there is something like this being planned for inclusion in a future release.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

--Audrey

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Audrey,

So, I Guess the User should get notification as pop-up for his open threads(probably better if no for this pops-up with yellow ball just beside the Avatar picture drop-down & also like Mr. Jurgen informed to have it like a green & the unanswered as yellow & the thread which is answered more than one can be coming in red Ball Question-mark.

I have another suggestion as mentioned

As you can see in the above pic, as the Edit option is still open after Mr. Jurgen replied to me, I think as a normal user like me without SCN admin rights should not come as Edit, if coming then the content does not remain the same 7 that might create confusion to the future Readers of that content, because if say, I only, am editing now & erased whatever I posted & instead typed as "nice blog & so on...", then the conversation might create a bit confusion among the Users/Future-Readers.

And yes, the options in the picture too.

If I am to be allowed to modify what Mr. Jurgen said, about the closed questions, I think like in our Microsoft Office-Outlook, like the Message confirmly sent comes in Sent items & the till not sent properly comes in Outbox, & composed mails not sent ever comes in Drafts Box. Similarly, The Contents that is after moderation approved stage, Should reflect in a Approved Box, In-Moderation stage Contents come in Outbox, & till not published contents can come as Drafts-Box as usual.

About the concern for HOW TO KNOW OWN OPEN QUESTIONS, inside the questions button, it can have a hierarchical view of Open Questions, Closed Questions tabs.

Along with those other matters are also there. But it seems that I can wait for the New SCN Launch & then after seeing & getting to know everything on that, then I feel, that I should give suggestions because what i will suggest or say, maybe you guys already have planned or done something like that considering the fact that we, especially you guys at the development-center are testing those matters since long time back.

Thanks,

Kaushik

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Thank you for your enthusiasm in digging in and trying to help provide feedback on how things might be improved.

You are right that at this point it may be better for these suggestions to wait until after we have launched.

Read Moshe's blog on where to report things after Monday:

Regards,

Audrey

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take it back to the team for review.

Regards,

Audrey