cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL not generating in Webi for some objects in UNX universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a universe that was converted from 3.1 to 4.1, and then it was converted to UNX without errors. I performed a refresh structure following that to resolve some data type changes and then published the universe to the repository. When I try to use it in Webi (either rich client or browser) I am encountering an unusual issue. For certain objects it leaves a blank spot in the generated SQL with a comma, which causes a parsing error (see screenshot).

If I try to use these same objects in the UNV version of the universe I have no issues. Also, if I edit the UNX universe the objects that are not working in Webi parse in IDT without giving me any errors (see screenshot). I have tried creating a new object in the universe using the same SQL string but I get the same results.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what can be done to resolve it?

Any assistance with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you please check if a reference to the tables is missing in definition of the objects.

Do you have contexts in the universe?

Is it happening with any other object? Please try to make the query as small as you can, with the error just in it. Sometimes it is only one single object which causes the trouble.

And please perform an integrity check.

I have seen this with the parameter "thoroughaggregateawareness" on. It was gone when I turned it off.

Try to create the query in IDT to see if the same SQL is generated.