cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get marketing approval to convert a customer account group from sales prospect to sold-to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Please help..

we have two account groups sales prospect and sold-to-party with the same number ranges. on the approval of user, the account group of the customer should be converted to sold-to-party from sales prospect. Please explain where can we get the approval from the user and also what is the customization that drives the conversion of account group.

The customer's information in the sales prospect should be copied into the sold-to-party.

Also, if there is a conversion in the account group, will there be no problem with the customer number when a customer is been already created externally with the same number??

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand where is the roadblock in your case - from your explanation you just need a workflow. How you will determine the agents, how many approver levels will be there, what information you need to present, deadlines, what applications and reports are expected and much more - this is something, that you need to discuss with the business, there is no solution that fits all companies.

As for XD07 - did you really try to search SCN? I typed XD07 in the SCN search and got 93 results, some even point to wiki pages.

Your last question confuses me. You mentioned the following:

we have two account groups sales prospect and sold-to-party with the same number ranges.

and then:

Also, if there is a conversion in the account group, will there be no problem with the customer number when a customer is been already created externally with the same number??

If you convert a customer from one account group to another, there is no way at this moment that another customer exists with the same number, because this number is already taken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Veseline,

I got the fact about the customer number and I have already tried XD07.

If there is one approval level, can you please give me an idea, where can i get the approval and how can i automate XD07 transaction or else, i should block the account group conversion (XD07) until the sales prospect account group customer is approved, on the approval, the block should be released.

The above is my understanding and i guess, i should record the approval in the customer master.

Below are in the blue print.

I am practicing a blue print on my own. Please advise.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please re-read the part of my comment about designing the workflow and discussing the workflow design with your client.

If you have no knowledge and prior experience in this, you have two options  - start learning about workflows, or request the assistance of a colleague of yours, who is an expert in workflow.

You are basically asking me to do the job for you, while you did not make a real effort to search and learn about the subject - there are plenty of easily accessible learning resources, including SCN - wikis, blogs, a dedicated SCN forum space, there are some great books - e.g. "Practical workflow for SAP", official SAP help, SAP training courses etc.

If this is not done for educational purposes, but is a real assignment - there are websites, which offer the services of SAP experts for a certain fee.

I can only help you, if you got stuck with a specific problem and I would have done so, only if I saw that you tried hard to solve the issue on your own, sorry.

Answers (0)