Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipts Balancing

arishi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am trying to utilize the Receipts Balancing Operator for Balancing out the Excess Production across Locations. In the network we have a DC which is sourcing supply from Two Production Plants (Say Plant A & Plant B). In the Location Sourcing Rule I have maintained Ratio of 1 between DC & Plant A and o between Plant B and DC. With this the Heuristic proposes Transport Receipts and Production Receipts from Plant A to DC. However, for a specific period of time we want to balance out the Production and hence are sourcing some amount of Production from Plant B. So, in Order to do this we have set Adjusted Production in Plant A where we are under producing by 30% in the specific time buckets. Now, my understanding is if we run the Operator "Receipts_Balancing" is run it should propose the balance 30% production from Plant B. Please let me know if we need to setup anything else for this scenario to work.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

The behavior you explained is correct for receipt balancing. However there are certain settings w.r.t to sourcing ratio MDT which should be done to balance the receipts. Please check the below help link-

Receipts Balancing - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP Library

Thanks,

Rohit

arishi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for the response. I have referred the help guide and have set the Parameter for Customer Source of Supply (CBALANCERECEIPTSCOPE)as 1 so as to exclude the Customer Sourcing Ratio from this. However, I could only see the balancing working in case of Production Ratio and not for Location Ratios. Can you let me know if I need to set something specific for the Location Ratios?

Regards,

Arvind

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Can you check if location ratio is maintained in source location MDT, at least with 0 quota(and not NULL). Also attributes TBALANCERECEIPTSCOPE has default value 0.

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I would like to understand as to why 'Receipt Balancing' (Balance Receipts) setting (in time series heuristics does not work why Inbound Calendar or Transportation Calendar is present in Location Source MDT.

Although, this is the way current is heuristics is internally defined - and the behavior cannot be changed by another setting, i would like to understand the business logic of having such restriction