Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error by Installing SAP Netweaver 7.5: Could not find the archive 'SAPEXEDB.SAR

former_member4628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am currently trying to install Netweaver 7.5 on SUSE 12 and DB2. I get this error: " Could not find the archive 'SAPEXEDB.SAR' , part of the Kernel"

I tried to use this:

• Kernel 51050082_3.ZIP
  • this kernel 51050554_3.ZIP
  • this kernel 51050627_5.ZIP

And I tried to use the leatest 'SAPEXEDB.SAR.  But I always get this error.

Many thanks

Log Files

Software Provisioning Manager was not able to find an archive that matches the requirements listed below. These requirements are depending on the product, operating system and/or database platform. In general, such problems can be resolved by downloading and using the latest patch level (PL) of the corresponding archive on SAP Service Marketplace.</p><p>Could not find the archive 'SAPEXEDB.SAR, part of the Kernel'<P/>Trying to match<P/>@keyname='SAP_KERNEL' and<BR/>            @kernel_os='LINUXX86_64' and<BR/>               @compilation_mode='UNICODE' and<BR/> @kernel_db='DB6' and<BR/>               @kernel_release=745 and<BR/> @kernel_patch_number>=110<P/> in <I>sapmanifestdb.mf</I>, for more details see log file &#47;tmp&#47;sapinst_instdir&#47;NW750&#47;DB6&#47;INSTALL&#47;STD&#47;ABAP&#47;sapinst_dev.log

(root/sapinst) id=modlib.jslib.childAppReturn NoOutput com.sap.sdt.ins.component.archive_extraction.SpecifyArchive_validator

Execution of the command "/tmp/sapinst_exe.1924.1474891189/SAPCAR -xvf /sapmnt/i nstall/kernel3/DATA_UNITS/K_745_U_LINUX_X86_64/SYB/SAPEXEDB.SAR, sapmanifestdb.m                 f sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf hostagent.                 mf sapmanifestdb.mf dbatoolsora.mf igsmanifest.mf sapmanifest.mf sapmanifestdb.m                 f sapmanifestdb.mf igs/igshelpermanifest.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sa                 pmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapjvmmanifest.mf sapmanifestdb                 .mf sapmanifest.mf" finished with return code 40.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sebastianklawonn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tatjana,

I had the same problem with one of my installations.

You can resolve this issue with the following steps.

1. Go To http://www.service.sap.com
  2. Download under SUPPORT PACKAGES an newer SAPEXEDB.SAR (Kernel Part)
  3. Place the downloaded Kernel Part in your Filesystem
  4. Retry with your sapinst using the newer SAPEXEDB.SAR

Best regards

Sebastian Klawonn

former_member4628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you very much. This helped me too.

Regards Tatjana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tatjana,

Please download patch level > 110 of SAPEXECDB. (it is better to download the same patch level of SAPEXE also)

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter

-> SUPPORT PACKAGES & PATCHES

-> By Alphabetical Index (A-Z)

-> K

-> By Alphabetical Index (A-Z)

-> SAP KERNEL 7.45 64-BIT UNICODE

-> Linux on x86_64 & DB2 UDB

Regards,

Ning

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tatjana,

Following note may also be helpful:
19466 - Downloading SAP kernel Patches.

Regards,
Raquel

former_member4628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik and Nilutpal,

Thanks for your Help.

I made my path a little bit shorter, but I get the same error.

And yes, I have given full access for this  folder.

Another Idee ?

Here are the files, I select during installation:

Many Thanks

Regards

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Although our friend here suggested to restart installation, which is by the way correct way as you have mentioned modifying the path-names. Although I wonder, what would have happen, say if you stopped totally this installation & you copy the sapexedb.sar file & put it back along-side the sapexe.sar file and after that if you run to continue again this installation.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just select LABEL.ASC file under parent kernel directory. Don't select any other sub folder . For example selct below label.asc file available in parent directory instead of selecting DB2 > and then some files :

*** Above screen shot has been taken from an windows host for ref, whereas you select this file from your linux host .

Please try and let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

51050554_3 kernel version is correct one. Have you given full access via (chmod 777 -R <extracted kernel directory> ) ?

Regards,

Nilutpal.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Generally we will see these kind of errors on SUSE-Linux system only. Its sometimes because of the reason the path is containing a special character(in you case "_" ), it does not able to recognize fully the path & that is why it is not able to go find the LABAL.ASC in that path. so try after making the path a little bit shorter & keeping the files on the local drive only(not network path or shared path of another system).

Thanks,

Kaushik