cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to SOAP Scenario(how to generate WSDL based on Sender datatype in SAP PI Side)

former_member197830
Participant

Hi All,

I have a SOAP to SOAP synchronous scenario requirement.In my scenario for receiver datatype,message type taken from External definition i.e given by receiver people(WSDL) and based on mandatory fields information I created and sender datatype,message type and I have implemented hole scenario and it's working good. But I need to give one more WSDL url link to sender  people.For my testing purpose I have taken WSDL link from Sender Agreement and tested working good.

I have doubt like in sender url link contains some id in last,I think user may not use that kind of wsdl url's and is there any way to generate WSDL URL based sender structure in PI side more user friendly or else Can I give same wsdl url link to sender people?

Thank you,

Narasaiah T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor

Hi Narsaiah,

• It is not possible to generate different WSDL URL in PI which is default behaviour.
  • There is no problem if you give that WSDL URL, they can able to download the WSDL from that URL.
  • I also giving the same type of URL and my partners are downloading without any problem.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member197830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

For my url contains some id in last, can I skip that ID?

Thank you,

Narasaiah T.

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narsaiah,

As Praveen told, you can not change WSDL URL.

The URL you have shared is service definition URL and through this partner can get wsdl file. and can add service as well.

2nd URL suggested by Raghu, is end point URL this is used for binding. You can find this URL from your WSDL file. Scroll down till end and you can see one tag SOAP address there you can copy location address provide the same for service binding.

It might need SOAP credentials as well to add service/open wsdl.

Regards,

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narsaiah,

You can share the service interface WSDL for structure and URL will be in the format like below

• http:// <host name> : <port name> /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=<name of the sender party> &senderService= <name of the sender service>&interface= <name of the interface> &receiverParty= <name of the receiver party> &receiverService= <name of the receiver service> &interfaceNamespace=<name of the interface namespace>

Configuring the Sender SOAP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Even from WSDL URL which is generated in ur screenshot structure and endpoint can be obtained.

Just import it in SOAP UI you can see the structure and endpoint automatically.

former_member197830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi raghuraman,

I have tested from SOAP UI working good, but can I give same url to sender people.

Thank you,

Narasaiah T.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narsaiah,

Two ways you can do

1.Share the URL as such(WSDL URL).Structure and endpoint will be obtained automatically as in SOAP UI.

2.Get the endpoint URL(format shown) from soap ui and service interface structure for WSDL,share the same.