Time Phased Safety Stock in Live Cache

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement:

To use Time Phased Safety Stock Planning (SS Method = MB) with CTM

Existing setup:

1) Existing Planning Version has Take Safety Stock into Account =3 (Consider Safety Stock Requirements in SAP LiveCache)

2) CTM Profile > Supply Control has 'Build Up Safety Stock' option not selected.

3) Product Master has Safety Stock Method as MB

4) Key Figure "Safety Stock (Planned)" (InfoObject 9ASAFETY) added in Planning Area and Data View.

Issue:

With SS Method SB and using program /SAPAPO/RRP_SR_ATP_GENERATE I am able to generate Safety Stock demand. But with SS Method MB and setup as mentioned above system is not generating Safety Stock demand even if values are maintained for Keyfigure - Safety Stock (planned) in Planning Book.

I checked some material available over net which says SS Method MB can be used only if Planning Version has Take Safety Stock into Account =2 (Consider Virtual Safety Stock Elements). Any help to use SS Method MB to generate SS Requirement in Live Cache will be much appreciated

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Devang,

Based on details shared, setup looks fine.

It is correct to maitain Safety Stock(Planned) in SNP for MB method(Quantity based and Time depedent).

Please refer a macro "Safety stk/reorder point/targt stock lvl" from Standard 9ASNP94 Planning book. This macro is supposed to copy contents of Safety Stock(Planned) keyfigure(9ASAFETY) into the keyfigure Safety Stock(SAFTY). Please make sure this is done as a prequisite before CTM.

I suggest you to read F1 Help on "Take Safety Stock into Account" option from /SAPAPO/MVM screen.

Consider Safety Stock Requirements in SAP liveCache :  Usage in CTM

You can only use this option in the standard system for make-to-stock production and static safety stock methods (SB and SM). Using a heuristic, you create safety stock requirements in SAP liveCache, based on the algorithm /SAPAPO/HEU_PLAN_SAFETY_STOCK. The safety stock of a location product is represented in SAP liveCache by an order of the type GC_OM_SAFETY_STOCK, which consists of a requirements element with the category SR in the standard system. Dynamic pegging takes this kind of safety stock requirement into consideration. CTM planning handles safety stock requirements like any other requirements in requirement prioritization.

If you choose this option, CTM ignores the Build up safety stock indicator in the CTM profile.

Here is the link to an intersting SCN thread on similar topic.

Safety Stock as a demand element | SCN

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Using standard PB, I am able to get quantity in keyfigure Safety Stock(SAFTY). But still unable to get Demand Elements/Orders in Live Cache. I checked keyfigure Safety Stock(SAFTY) and it is directly added in Data View and not in Planning Book like keyfigure 9ASAFETY (Safety Stock (planned)).

As there is no Order Series KeyFigure, how to get Safety Stock Demand element in Live Cache. I again tried program /SAPAPO/RRP_SR_ATP_GENERATE but there was element created.

I guess SS Demand Element should be there in LC because of  Planning Version setting Take Safety Stock into Account =3. Let me know if I missed anything to create SS Demand Elements in LC.

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Devang

Are you able to resolve the issue? Please share any updates.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Safety Stock requirement in LC CTM will create supply element against each requirement because of pegging relations. This results into excess Stock-On-Hand (Inventory) over a period and that is why standard SAP suggests Time Phase Safety Stock planning only with virtual demand.

Now we have decided not to create Safety Stock demand same as Safety Stock (Target) mentioned in each bucket Planning Book but to net-off (deduct) previous bucket Safety Stock (Target) for creating Safety Stock Requirement in each bucket.

Now while doing same I am having issues in addition of Key Figure in existing Planning Area.Will soon update this thread or close same.

Cheers