cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Association Types for Log Destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the documentation you can read: Use the Association Type dropdown box to select the required type: LOG, PRIVATE_LOG, or LOCAL_LOG. But what is the difference between these three association types. Could someone explain this things.

Best Regards

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Benny,

i'm talking about the definition of a log destination within a j2ee application. Maintaining a log controller for my application i have to setup a log destination and the association type for the trace file. Here i have the possibility to choose between the three alternatives: LOG, LOCAL_LOG and PRIVATE_LOG. What i want to know is, which meaning do these options have?

Best Regards,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c7/7ee3df9433ee4f867ce7d61941c594/frameset.htm">this</a> page in the documentation. Seems like those properties determine inheritance of messages from child objects.

hope that helps a bit!

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Could you please be a little bit more precise?

You are talking here about quite a large system with dozens of front ends and literally thousands of screens.

It is really hard for me to guess what specific drop down you are talking about...

Regards,

Benny