cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division By Zero in SA40 calcuation rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've an error on payroll sumlation, and this error ocuuers for all users but in diffrent months.

the display log is showing

I've checked IT0008 & IT0007 and its all OK

any idea about this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182232
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please past Input table of the PCR which failed to analyse further and what is the value of the variable ISLC.

Also you are calculating WT 9002 before SA40 of after the rule?

Regards

Ajay

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for better understanding place the screen shots of SA40, SA41 PCR and IT0007, IT0008.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

Wage Type 9002 (For Transportation) is Empty and it should be calculated depending on the employees pay scale.

The Error appears in "Factoring and storage" in SA40

and here is SA41

Now this error only appears when I add date specification IT0041.
because I use it in transportation calculation

here is the transportation custom calculation rule

and here is a payroll simulation, as you see it runs OK for 10 month from Hire date (29/12/2012)

when I delete the date specification from IT0041 it works fine

here is IT0007

and IT0008

Any idea?

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have such an error in Payroll, try processing Payroll only for that employee but with the "Display log" box checked.

Once you have the error on screen, double-clic on the pcr SA40.  You will then be able to see the Input Table to the pcr, and the detailed processing of each WT.

After identifying the WT that generates the error, look at it in the Input Table, taking note of it's ESG, Rate, Number and Amount (or take a screen capture), and then look at the processing of the WT and try to identify the source of the problem.

From your screen capture of SA41, I noticed that you use Operation DIVID ARA.  Is it at that point that the error is generated?  Does the WT being processed hold a value in it's RTE field?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are trying to divide it by Zero i.e rate is holding "0" since we are facing this error we will have to change the logic or rate.

Find out what should be the rate, provide complete requirement so that we can provide more inputs.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Yanseen.

Please, take a screen shot of the Input Table and post it here.

If the wage type 9002 is not empty (null value), check the Payroll Constant ANNUL in the V_T511K Maintain Table View (using SM30 transaction code).

Regards,

Vinicius T. Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferreira,

Wage Type 9002 (For Transportation) is Empty and it should be calculated depending on the employees pay scale.

here is ANNUL

The Error appears in "Factoring and storage" in SA40

and here is SA41

Now this error only appears when I add date specification IT0041.
because I use it in transportation calculation

here is the transportation custom calculation rule

and here is a payroll simulation

when I delete the date specification from IT0041 it works fine

any idea?