cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw Materials Planning with Variant Configuration..!!

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client is manufacturer of industrial belts and  currently he is working on MTO scenario.

Requirement :

1. They want planning of raw materials at the time of creation of sales order because they don't know which raw material will be available at the time when SO will come.

Example : Component A may have alternatives Components B,C,D,E & F so at the time of creation of SO, system should give these options

2. They also want to maintain scrap quantity in sales order and according to that the requirement should flow to the child parts.This Scrap is only generated while doing particular set up of belt length.

I think with the help of variant configuration this requirement can be fulfilled .

I have created a Characteristics: Variant part where i will assign the alternative components as Values.So at the time of creation of SO, System allows to select alternate material. and  for that i wrote a dependency.

As there is super bom , is it possible to write such a dependency where I can select only those components which met specifications and put some constraints on selection method of BOM.

Say

BOM structure is

Header Material is Component A

Component       Length     Breadth    Thickness

1                       1000        100             15

2                       1500        100             20

3                       2000        150             30

4                       2500         200            50

5                       1000         100             15 

So according to the specifications i want to write dependency , curently while taking MRP run system is generating requirement for all components.

As the volume is very high will this approach work ?

What will be the impact on business and challenges  if we change current process and move to variant configuration?

I have already posted this thread in PP forum

Appreciate if you can help me in this scenario..!!

Regards,

Amit Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amit Sharma,

Yes, the perfect solution is Variant configuration only. And the style how you construct the question I can say that you have idea of variant configuration too. 

You just want to know how to fulfill this requirement in VC. So, MRP can be done for the exact required component and same can be seen in sales order too.

In high volume this VC only best approach.

MRP is generating requirement for the all components because your FG material is pickuping all component to produce the A material.

Write selection condition to pick up the correct BOM component as per the FG material configuration. 

Now do you have complete business logic to pick up which component when? If yes the apply the same.

If you have logic and even though you have doubt pls discuss step by step we will try to help on that.

For the SCRAP you will be having seprate material. Business have Idea to produce the X number of material Y number of scrap will genrate. Srap materail create the unit of mesurment % and In BOM keep minus qty.

Scrap will be post automatically or manually in seprate storage location with the movement type 531.

The same can be consume to produce new raw material.  

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit ,

If you got the answer please close this thread. Or if you need further help please reply with the issues you are facing.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit Sharma,

1) If you know what raw material is available at the time of sales order creation , you can us ea super BOM with selection condition to choose the specific RAW material and only that component will be selected for production order component list.

2) If scrap is different based upon the component you selected , you can maintained scrap % in BOM item details, in first point you are selecting the correct component so even this requirement will be meet.

To know how to create a Super BOM model and wrote selection conditions , please refer below link.

Please check and reply. Hipe it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh