Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori App-My Travel and Expense

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am analysing the Fiori MY Travel and Expense app.

Apart from the standard functionalities, two more requirement are there. Just wanted to check if the below 2 are possible via extensibility. The below 2 will be custom workflow in Travel Module.

Approval level based on amount -WF.

Approval email notification- WF

Regard,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Vivek

The Fiori UI does not limit what the underlying workflow can do.

Fiori Extensibility relates to adjusting the features of the UI such as which fields are shown or what actions are triggered by custom buttons. Extensibility also does not limit what the workfliw can do.

The number of approvals, type of approvals, identification of workflow recipients are all part of the workflow itself - not the Fiori UI.

Email notification of workflows is typically done using Extended Notifications which is part of the workflow engine. Again this is not affected by the Fiori UI ... Other than of coursw you will want to configure the notification hyperlinks to point to the Fiori My Inbox url

if you need any assistance in adjusting the workflow capabilities please post a quwstion in the SAP Business Workflow space

rgds

Jocelyn

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

hey Jocelyn,

Thanks for clearing that up, but where my questions is arising from is because there are only few extension points in any apps.

So whether I can redirect the standard logic to the custom logic anywhere I want, I am not clear no that.

I understand the that the email notification and the approval is a WF, but the question is can i include these 2 functionalities in the standard Fiori App via some enhancement.

Regards,

Vivek

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Vivek

ok sonas a general rule you should treat this as separation of concerns ... use workflow to do what it is good at, use UX to do what it is good at.  The only change I would see is using the UX to display the amount being approved...although you should have that in the app already.

I would *not* build email notification of workflows into the app itself as the UX would not record that an email had been sent - workflow will log it. 

Similarly I would *not* recommend building business rules about approval type or approver choice or amount value into the app. These are better handled in business rules called by the workflow so that they are controlled and logged centrally & can be adjusted centrally. 

rgds

Jocelyn

Answers (0)