Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a single role from composite roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have almost 800 composite roles and I need to delete a single role from them but the problem is this single role is positioned at different places in a ll the composite roles . Can you please tell me the way to do this ? through script or download - upload option ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can delete 1 Single role from the Composite Role,

PFCG -----> Role Name  Edit -----> Role

Select ------> Delete Node

Is you want this...? Let me know am i right or not ?

Regards,

Sajmal

14 REPLIES 14

former_member233657
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can try to download the role --> delete it in PFCG - a pop up will show you all composite roles where it will be deleted from - upload the role again.

Kind regards,
Martin

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

As you have noticed the positioning is the hard part when trying to automate stuff.

I always do this the following way:

1. Download AGR_AGRS for the 800 roles to Excel and take out the role to be deleted.
  2. Create an ECATT script which deletes all singles from a composite and run this on your list of composite roles.
  3. Create an ECATT script which adds one single role to a composite role (Hint:Always insert one line in the top position on the 'roles' tab when recording such a script) and run this with the input file created in step 1.

Hope this helps.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

the other part to consider is if composite menus have been maintained. Might need another step

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your suggestion ,the only point I was thinking is if we can add the single roles in a composite role where in single roles are at different position why not delete the single role from the composite role

0 Kudos

Abhishek Singh wrote:

Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your suggestion ,the only point I was thinking is if we can add the single roles in a composite role where in single roles are at different position why not delete the single role from the composite role

For me that's because I will always add the new single role in the top row. That way you do not have to bother navigating around in the screen.

0 Kudos

Good point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can delete 1 Single role from the Composite Role,

PFCG -----> Role Name  Edit -----> Role

Select ------> Delete Node

Is you want this...? Let me know am i right or not ?

Regards,

Sajmal

0 Kudos

THanks Sajmal for ur response but this is not what I am looking for ,I have 800 composite role from which I want to delete one single role ,I cant even directly download ,delete and upload the single role since creation date will be changed for role.I would rather prefer a script  to do the same .

The only concern is if we can add a single role in multiple composite roles where singlre role resides at  different position ,then why not delete the single roles which are at differenr position in different composite roles

Regards

ABhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

More than one Composite Role,

The option is "Download the role & Delete that & Upload again",

You are saying it is not possible in your case,

Just take a copy of the Single Role,

after that Remove the Role menu from from the Role,

If it not possible, delete the authorization profile....

Save It,

Now we can disable the Role,

Is it possible ?

Regards,

Sajmal

0 Kudos

If you have SE16N with &SAP_EDIT you can change the date in table AGR_DEFINE.

0 Kudos

Martin Winn wrote:

If you have SE16N with &SAP_EDIT you can change the date in table AGR_DEFINE.

I'd go for AGR_AGRS in this case 😉

0 Kudos

THanks Martin -I think this should help

0 Kudos

Oh wait, Martin was talking about the date, I thought about removing entries...

0 Kudos

Looks like he had already knocked AGR_AGRs for 6 runs... a nice example of why SE16N edits cause more problems than anything else.

I would have deleted the single. Or better.. delete all composites and use well built singles.

Cheers,

Julius