Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Grand Totals in Planning View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Hope you are doing well!

We have a scenario where time period selected in planning view is month and future horizon is 8 rolliing quarters. We need to add a local member that will calculate FY (Sept-Aug) totals with rolling months.

FY17 = Sept 16 - Aug 17

Challenges:

1. At max. there will be 3 FY in the planning view (example Nov 16 - Oct 18) and we will need FY totals after Aug FY17, Aug FY18 and Aug FY19

2. Headers for the local members should be variable due to rolling periods

3. There will be rolling periods but FY totals should be YTD, which means it should include the months that are not visible to the end users in the planning view. Example: Based on rolling periods, planning views starts from Nov 16 but FY17 YTD total should be from Sept 16 to Aug 17.

Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Aditya G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Unfortunately there is no simple solution for this.

As you know, local members can be calculated only based on the input available in the excel sheet.

One idea which i doubt could be feasible is using a hidden planning view. Beside your primary planning view which is rolling you can create a second planning view with fixed timeline. The local members will be calculated based on the input from the second planning view.

But then here are challenges:

- Second planning view will not be automatically refreshed when you open the workbook, you need to click on it so that it actually gets refreshed.

- If user changes KFs within the primary view they have to be changed also in the second one.

Given all these, i would rather use the approach described in modelling time as a dimension guide. But this unfortunately will generate an extra KF for every single total and they will be displayed on a separate row.

I know this requirement is in SAP backlog list and something nice from a functionality point of view was planned for one of the next releases, if not urgent in implementation maybe you can check with someone from product team and postpone.

Best

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thanks for your response.

I followed SAP Note 2288329 - SAP IBP Sample Configurations- YTD QTD Aggregations and Cumulative Sum modeled using Time as a Dimension and reached so far, picture "SAP IBP",  while what I want is shown in picture "Expected".

Can you provide some additional guidance?

Regards,

Aditya G

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

It is long since i tried this configuration for a customer, but let's give it a try.

I think it was configured to work like this, to be cumulative and rolling across the year.

Checking the documentation i see YTD1, YTD2...YTD12 being defined. If you followed documentation, then this is exactly what you have: 100, 100+0, 100+0+0 etc

a) Can you try and filter by YTD12 (which i think it is Aug ''17 in your case, as it looks like you used same description)?  Then the rest should disappear.

b) Can you try and update TIMEAGG and add also a YT? I think it should be similar configured as YTD12.

Maybe there is someone else around with fresher hands on as this configuration is not straight forward at all!

Best

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thanks for your response.

We showed our customer multiple options as there was no single solution and we narrowed upon running totals key figure with a reset every fiscal year. Now the tricky part is the reset every fiscal year, any ideas?

I am thinking of below logic but not sure how to configure it.

IF(PERIODID1 of PERIODID1 - 1) is not equal to (PERIODID1 of PERIODID1), NULL, running total key figure).

Regards,

Aditya G