Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO to ECC - Proxy incompatiability!

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are now with SAP PO 7.4 SP11.

When we try to send a message to one of the ECC systems, we get the following error in PO.

XML tag Main@versionminor has incorrect value 001 expected 000.

I have seen a workaround for this to change somewhere the value of this versionminor from 001 to 000. SAP also strongly recommends to do this if we are unable to perform any patches on the ECC system.

My question is that by changing the value of 001 to 000, will it affect any existing intefaces which is running fine with other ECC systems like CRM/SRM and B1P.  Although I have tested this and the messages are going fine, still I am bit not convinced to change the value in NWA.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

It should not affect.

The prerequisite is like the SAP PI system should be on higher version..

Check the below note

1043047,1488164 and 1570897

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

This is where the confusion is. We have the latest PO 7.4 SP11, so I am unable to understand why we are not able to send proxy messages from PO to ECC system which has basis component 7.00 with level 15.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The reason for this error is

• The PI system has higher version than ECC system which you sending the proxy message
  • PI system XI protocol changed from 3.0 to 3.1 because latest versions the XI protocol is 3.1
  • ECC system was not upgraded and still using XI 3.0 protocol
  • That is why you are getting the errorMain@versionminor has incorrect value 001 expected 000.
  • The meaning of the error is PI sent the version 001 but ECC expects 000
  • Check sap note 1819457 - XI Runtime: @versionMinor has incorrect value 001

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

That is because of lower ECC version and check your CRM/SRM versions ,If they are in the same level you can continue with 000 only(as you tested it already its not going to affect you).

And if you can upgrade ECC in that case no need to change in NWA, you can use 001 only.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen

As mentioned earlier, we are not in a situation to do any upgrades in ECC in near time. So my question is that is it safe to change the value to 000 so that it doesn't affect already working interfaces with other ECC systems.

I know we can always test this, but just getting expert opinion on this .

Regards

Sam

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You no need to update the ECC system, you just need to apply the note in ECC system then ECC system also aware of XI 3.1 protocol then you dont get this error.

If you change value to 000 then other ECC interfaces will work without any problem.We also changed in our PO system when we migrated from PI to PO and we tested all the interfaces and all worked as expected. But later on we apply the notes in ECC system.

But the recommended approach is to apply the note in ECC system.

Regards,

Praveen.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen

I am doubtful that the issue is related to XI3.1 protocol.

The old system is PI 7.01 and has XI3.0 protol which works fine with ECC, the current new PO also shows me XI3.0 only under 7.40 BASIS.

Also, i did download the metadata for 7.00 BASIS and tried with XI earlier one, still it didn't work.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The metadata always XI 3.0 only, when you send the message it will be reside in soap header.

My current configuration minor version 1 which is default.

When send the message to ECC you can see the minor version is one.

When i change the property to zero.

If you send the message now then you can see the minor version 0.

Actually you can change the property to zero and send the message you dont get any error the message will be successful.

Regards,

Praveen.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen

Although this solves the problem of sending messages from PI to ECC, I still have the issues of vice versa.

Due to the version differences, I am now unable to send messages from ECC to PO system even though the sender/receiver id and all necessary config is in place .

Please note that the same is working fine for other ECC systems to PO. Do you think applying note will resolve this issue as well?

Regards

Sam

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

• This is different issue because you are configuring interface specific URL in ECC but this functionality may be not there in ECC system.
  • You need to implement the below note in ECC to get the functionality. 1334174 - Interface-specific IS_URL parameter
  • Or you can use global configuration instead of interface specific URL.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)