Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Record alternate validity date

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Does Engineering record supports alternate validity date concept? If so can anyone guide me where it situated & activation steps

If the answer is NO then how does ER can be used to support multiple objects (DIRs, MatBoms etc) to be released at different dates? Multiple ER's or ECMs under single ER

Thanks in Advance!

Yatan Seth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I wanted to leave a feedback to this thread after some research and inputs from folks here (Ulf & Abhishek).

ER does NOT support alternative validity dates by itself. This feature is mainly used for logistic scheduling, if you are not trying to accomplish that from ER then just stick to one lead ECM from ER.

However for any reason if you want multiple validity dates then use multiple ECMs at the change item level, each can have it's different validity date. But this will make the process complex especially when you want different approvals for each ECM.

Thanks

YS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each object in the ER can have its own Change Master associated, so individual date effectivity.

You can configure this in Customizing.

Regards, Ulf

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Ulf!

In order to have items level change number if i activate the setting where will the item level change number show?

Also if we are doing item level change number then do we need a lead change number too?

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the item level change numbers show on item level in the Change Items table. Lead change number always makes sense, as typically a majority of objects is using the same change number.

Ulf

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes , it is advisable to use lead change number .

Firstly All items can use the same lead change numbers if needed .

secondly , you can control the lifecyle of the ER using the lead change number .

Thanks ,

Abhishek.

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure what am i missing though but i do not see the OMRs related change numbers in my change items table. I have configured to created at item status 'INPR'. Also my lea change number is activated at ER status 20. Any idea?

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you missed the creation attributes for the object type PLM_DIR. Define the field VALID_FROM and assign some value as change number needs to have a validity date .

Thanks,

Abhishek.

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Yes you were correct i missed object attributes. I have set them up but still do not see the DIR specific change number. Any Idea? Where does the new item level change number show (is it under 'New change number"?

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Assign the value to change relevance field as I see no value assigned to change relevance .

You will see it under " New change No ' field .

Thanks,

Abhishek.

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Abhishek!

I am getting error that Change relevance is irrelevant for the DIR. I anyhow left the path where i will be creating multiple ECMs at CI level. Rather one Led ECM.

Thanks for your time so far