Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM storage bin type skipped during putaway

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

during putaway a storage bin type is excluded.

So we have warehousenr 002, storage type 101:

Storage bin types S1 and BE

Storage unit type E7.

Storage bins     5b-01-01     S1

5b-01-02      S1
                         5b-01-03     BE

5b-01-04     BE

5b-02-01    S1

5b-02-02     BE

5b-02-03     BE

5b-02-04     BE

Now during putaway only the BE storage bins are selected, the S1 types are not considered and therefor not filled.

S1 is linked to BE and also to 101.

Please help me out here.

Thanks.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Please check the following IMG once again

1. Do you have storage type indicator maintained for the material master and if the same is maintained in storage type search strategy (Activate Storage Type Search)

2. Similarly check the storage section indicator in material master and if the same is maintained in storage section search strategy(Activate Storage Section Search)

3. Check if Storage Unit type is linked to Storage type

4. Check if Storage Unit type is linked to Storage bin type

Regards

Jayaram

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Good point Juergen, however, it looks like further investigation for the cause of this issue is not needed anymore. I was confused since the issue didn't seem to occur on the production environment but only on test. But they corrected it all manually. So the cause issue was the placement strategy, it first fills all the BE and then the S1. Very simple but when not all information is shared it can take a lot of effort to solve stuff.

Thanks for your efforts!!

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, I found this SORT QMAT BY LGTYP LGPLA CHARG WDATU DESCENDING.    I suppose that when LGTYP and LGPLA are switched the sorting works fine?

I'd like to hear your ideas?

Thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about your response to then given answers before asking something new?

You never came back to tell what you your  bin determination log showed, this would be the very first place to look into before digging into customizing and guessing.

But to answer your new question: if that would be turned in my system then it screws up a well functioning WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

I see you using Bulk strategy Can you also let us know what is the bulk indicator maintained in material master and bulk putaway strategy customization

Regards

Jayaram

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Gentlemen,

I've added some screenshots with the bin determination log and the assignments of storage unit type and storage location type to the warehouse/storage type. So the bins with storage unit type S1 are skipped, the BE ones are selected in TO's. I've added some storage bin info too. So thIf you would like some more info please ask...

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see one inconsistency... most of these settings are meant for Storage Unit management... I notice that the Storage Type 101 does not have Storage Unit management on. Usually the bin type / SU type searches and bulk storage works with Storage Unit management on - so maybe there is some inconsistent behavior with the SU management off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

What is the putaway strategy type you have used?

Regards

Jayaram

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show a screenshot of your putaway strategy customizing? or from the preparation screen of your TO, and also the bin determination log