cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue during printing forms on printer with unicode support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a problem during printing forms on Printer with support Unicode. Printers prints only ZTahoma fonts(with polish characters) and not printing another fonts ( in my case ZCourier fonts). Without unicode mode it  printing all fonts but without polish characters. Do you have any idea why it happens?? I can only add that on another system with the same settings it`s print polish character in all fonts with unicode support. Any suggestion ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a utility report RSPOUPE_CHECK_SPOOLRQ, which you can use to analyse which fonts appear in your spool request and if/how additional UPE fonts are used for output at all.

I don't think that UPE should have an effect on how fonts from your form are mapped to fonts available in the device type.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I run this report. In attachment and screen below  you can see results. Strange is that ZTahoma font is printed while the font ZCourier is not printed.

Any idea what could be the reason?

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

From the report output (which does not contain entire OTF data) I can only see that the custom font ZCOURIER is used. No UPE download font is used (probably not needed since ZCOURIER truetype font does contain Latin-2 characters).

I don't think you need UPE enhancement for Polish for these custom fonts. Can you print normally with ZCOURIER and ZTAHOME after you disable (switch off) UPE feature for your printer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried print without UPE. You can see results in attachment.

For example

I have 3 instaed of ł Ł

I have ± instead of ą Ą

I think that I used all of printer charcter set which supported Latin 2 (1406/1416/1417)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could be a truetype font or printer problem.

Can you try to use a standard PCL5 device type like I2HP4 which supports Latin-2 PCL5 charset 1416?

Be sure to create new spool requests after changing/creating the SPAD printer. Running RSTXDELL after the changes as described in note  4367 also helps.

It seems the printer prints the Latin-1 codepage equivalents of the requested Latin-2 chars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I used I2HP4 with Latin-2. And it doesn`t work. Also in note 1135104 - Printer Vendor Wizard Note: Samsung

012 Samsung ML2850 Series / SML28XX

Properties:

- Supported languages: Latin1

- PDL: PCL

- Paper sizes: A4,A5, LETTER, EXECUTIVE, LEGAL

- Printer Type: Mono Laser Printer

- Additional print options:

- Input trays

- Double-sided Printing

On this device type only with URDT can be printed polish characters. I know that it is possible, becasue on the second side copy. I install this printer on device type SML28XX with URDT and polish characters are printing. I don`t know what happened. It`s looks like the truetype ZCourier was uninstall/deactive for URDT mode. Because without URDT this truetype is prining (but without polish characters). Any idea how can add this truetype to URDT ??

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

you do not need to add custom truetype fonts to any URDT, they are automatically included.

But I suspect a problem with your printer and/or ttfont.

I did a test with I2HP4 and several uploaded truetype fonts and no UPE active and had no problem printing Polish characters on an HP printer. If this scenario does not work in your case, either your printer does not "understand" the font download from SAP or the custom ttfont somehow does not contain Latin-2 chars. Maybe you log an incident with SAP.

Yes, in theory UPE with a Latin-1 device type (your scenario) would allow Latin-2 chars to be printed. These chars get  extracted and downloaded (as subsetted fonts) from the URDT's truetype fonts in the case of SAP standard fonts like COURIER; HELVE,  or, in your case, get extracted from your custom font.

BUT: if the mentioned non-upe scenario with I2HP4 does not work for you, there likely is a problem with the font and/or the printer, which cannot be helped by UPE I believe.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have right I2HP4 works for HP, Minolta, but it doesn`t work for Samsung printer. I will write incident to SAP. Maybe they will be check that and help me. I think that is some problem with font or some bug on system.

You wrote that custom truetype are automatically included to URTD, I know that, strange is only that it`s look only this custome truetype font wasn`t automatically included, another custom truetype works good on this system,. On second system all truetype fonts work perfect for this printer and this device type. Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

I found the reason of the problem.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2025181/E

I had low kernel version. When I patch kernel, all fonts start print with URDT with polish characters.

One more time thanks for your help

Answers (0)