cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green colour in Variant Table

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the meaning of Green lines in Variant Table and What is the exact use of Variant Table?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below link , it will help you with basic's of variant tables , also if you want to build a PoC for it.

I suggest , please first search the forum and then post your issue explaining what challenges you are facing.

Please check and let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks

Ritesh

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Already I got the link, I know all the steps. From the link, I could not understand What exactly the green light meant for?   

Actually i have seen the Dependency like Table test( A  = A, B = '1'). I could not understand what this will result. I getting the green line on one line seletion.

A = ( 1,2,3,4,5) and B = (1,2,3)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please share your procedure for calling variant table as well as screen shot of table.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

MAHENDRAN PARAMASIVAN,

Above object dependency logic is communicating :-

Infer the value of A characteristics when B characteristics has value = 1.

You can infer table value of non key characteristics by passing value in the key characteristics too. In logic itself you can pass the value.

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Keyur or Ritesh,

Please tell me what exactly green colour line meant for?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MAHENDRAN PARAMASIVAN,

Here the green lines means the valid value combination for the characteristics in the variant table. Please pay attention to the very last row, which is yellow in color , it have three X , these 3 X are for all green rows , its shows that characteristic with description " Hydraulic option"  have one value which goes with all 4 values of " Color option".

You can click on any of the X in the bottom yellow row and it will ad a new column next to characteristic and will show you X for valid value.

Hope this explanation will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hyd op have 4 values and control opt have 4 values so it should show four lines  (4X)  by the logic. But it is showing only three. .

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the screen shot you attached it says that only 3 values are valid to go with " hydraulic option" standard flow. the value joy stick is not valid.

I hope by now you understand the meaning of green line which was your initial query.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not get confuse with the number of values maintained in a characteristic. Let me try to simplify it more. If you have 2 characteristic with 3 value each. then in total it turn out to have 6 different combination. But in CU60 while maintaining the variant table if you have used just 4 combination , you will see only 4 green lines and 4 X in bottom yellow row.

for the example you attached, in it both the characteristic have 4 values each but the user may have maintained only 3 entries in CU60 that's why you can see only 3 green lines and three X in bottom yellow row.

The " Joystick " values is not being used in the table that's why its being consider as not valid option.

But if you see the over all matrix its showing 4! combination available.

Hope this explanation may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)