cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check terminal name and tcode used by specific user in sap previous month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How to check terminal name and tcode used by specific user in sap previous month. I tried to extract using st03 os01 sm20  etc but no luck. Is there any other procedure is there in sap to check and trace the user details.

Regards,

sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Coming to your questions, I will try to put in a very simple way,

Couple of Options in t-code SUIM.

Also as mentioned by using Security Audit SM20 for transaction details. Else you would be like, if using sapmmc, then, if luck & its not deleted till now, then also can try in SYSLOG in SAPMMC.

Alternatively can take help of running reports in SE38 like RSUSR200 or USR41

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

You can find tcode used by the user from ST03n, but not for 2 months old.

You can get the terminal detail in STAD for a given user. You need to just select the Column name Terminal ID in STAD display screen.

This exercise is only valid for recent data. Else you can to activate SM19 trace for the users you wish to track... which is already suggested by many of us above.

Regards

Prithviraj

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanjundiah,

Configure security audit log using SM19.

The Security Audit Log - Auditing and Logging - SAP Library

regards,

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

if its not configured means is it not possible to trace user activity

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you can't. If you need terminal name and tcode used by a end user, it can be achieved only by activating security audit log.

Regards,

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i enable security audit logs is there any performance problem will occur

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanjundiah,

No, Security Audit log is written to a flat file at OS level, it does not affect the performance of the system.

Regards, JP

former_member233657
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanjundiah,

Just take care that the disk is large enough. If the filter criteria are not strictly enough, a lots of data will be written to the logs.

Kind regards,

Martin